Thursday, August 12, 2004

My own little cleaning service

Emily likes to clean. I'm hoping the novelty doesn't wear off anytime soon. She's very good at picking up her toys. Sometimes she does it without me saying a thing. Like the other day, for example... Em had asked to color, so I handed her the box of crayons and her coloring book. She took them to the living room floor and colored for a bit. I was in the kitchen doing dishes when all of a sudden she comes in and sets the box of crayons and the book on the table. She had picked up all the crayons and put everything back. Without me saying a thing. Without me telling her where to put them. I didn't know children did this kind of thing!
Actually, my mom says I was always very good at taking care of my toys and putting things away. Hopefully this will continue with Em.
On the same note, Emily likes to throw things away. Unfortunately that includes things that don't belong in the trash. If I'm not paying close enough attention, sometimes she'll come over to me very proudly and say, "I throw away!" She's getting better though. Yesterday she made 3 trips to the garbage to throw away little pieces of cat fur she'd found on the floor. Who needs to vacuum when they have a 1 and 1/2 year old cleaning service? The kid even throws away her own diapers after she's changed!

Speaking of diapers, Emily is now occasionally announcing when she's pooped. "I poop!" she says. Although yesterday I heard her pass gas and she looked at me and said, "I poop!" I said, "No, you tooted..." Close enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home