We need a playroom
My brother came out to visit today, and with him he brought some really cool stuff for Emily. He brought a Step 2 play kitchen and china-type cabinet, plus an easel that looks something like this. The kitchen is very big girl-ish (just what we need to be reminded of, right?) and came with lots of play food and pots and pans. Emily has been playing with all of it since she woke up from her nap.
It seems we have an abundance of these big toys for Em, but we're quickly running out of space. That's not a bad thing, it's just that we need to make more space in her room. It's quite simple, really, but I think Daddy is resisting. He doesn't want the glider to come out of his baby's room. Maybe it's because it's the last "baby" item in there. I'm sure we'll still get a lot of use out of it, just in another room.
I'll add that we really wouldn't need a playroom if it wasn't for the real china cabinet in our office. We're holding it for my IL's until they move it to Maine. We didn't mind at first, but then Emily got mobile and now she just launches things across the room. That wouldn't be so good for the curved glass door of the cabinet. That damn thing isn't cheap, and I don't want to be responsible for it anymore. So now it sits hiding in our office, away from the destructive toddler, waiting to be taken to Maine, far far away from here. It's gorgeous, really. Just not practical in our house.
Anyway, Em wasn't the only one to get something fun from Uncle Wayne. He brought Mommy a dishwasher! Apparently his neighbors got a new one and were looking to get rid of their old one. I'm very excited because I haven't used a dishwasher in over a year. Our current on isn't working properly (who needs the soap to dispense, anyway?). I feel like it's Christmas in August!
This reminds me of something funny. In college, I got a vacuum cleaner for Christmas from my parents. It was something that I needed, and asked for. My best friend got a tambourine from her parents and she was really excited. She said to me, "I think I'd cry if my parents got me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas." I told her, "I think I'd cry if my parents got me a tambourine!" My best friend and I are a lot alike in some ways, but there are so many ways we are so different. That's a story we still laugh about.
It seems we have an abundance of these big toys for Em, but we're quickly running out of space. That's not a bad thing, it's just that we need to make more space in her room. It's quite simple, really, but I think Daddy is resisting. He doesn't want the glider to come out of his baby's room. Maybe it's because it's the last "baby" item in there. I'm sure we'll still get a lot of use out of it, just in another room.
I'll add that we really wouldn't need a playroom if it wasn't for the real china cabinet in our office. We're holding it for my IL's until they move it to Maine. We didn't mind at first, but then Emily got mobile and now she just launches things across the room. That wouldn't be so good for the curved glass door of the cabinet. That damn thing isn't cheap, and I don't want to be responsible for it anymore. So now it sits hiding in our office, away from the destructive toddler, waiting to be taken to Maine, far far away from here. It's gorgeous, really. Just not practical in our house.
Anyway, Em wasn't the only one to get something fun from Uncle Wayne. He brought Mommy a dishwasher! Apparently his neighbors got a new one and were looking to get rid of their old one. I'm very excited because I haven't used a dishwasher in over a year. Our current on isn't working properly (who needs the soap to dispense, anyway?). I feel like it's Christmas in August!
This reminds me of something funny. In college, I got a vacuum cleaner for Christmas from my parents. It was something that I needed, and asked for. My best friend got a tambourine from her parents and she was really excited. She said to me, "I think I'd cry if my parents got me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas." I told her, "I think I'd cry if my parents got me a tambourine!" My best friend and I are a lot alike in some ways, but there are so many ways we are so different. That's a story we still laugh about.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home