Monday, August 16, 2004

Confusion at the library

The library just called. The woman on the other end was calling about a Laurie Berkner cd I had borrowed. She claimed that the cd was there, but the cover was missing. There's one problem with that claim: I still have the cd, cover, case, and all. I told the woman, "But I still have it here. I haven't returned it yet!" She then transferred me over to circulation where I had to explain the situation to someone else. That woman said, "Well, let me see, maybe we have another copy..." Uh, you think? It was an interesting call, nonetheless.

Emily spent the morning pouring her Cheerios back and forth from her bowl to a little (clean) sand pail. It's amazing what entertains a 19-month-old. One of her new things is to make her stuffed animals talk to each other. She'll move their arms to make them wave and in a high voice she'll say, "Hi, Doggy! Hi Bear!" They kiss each other, then they kiss Mommy and Daddy, then they kiss Emily. She's really getting into pretend play these days. It's so fun to watch her.

We went to a family reunion this weekend. One of my cousins brought his new 6 month old baby. Her name is Shannon Elizabeth, which reminds me of American Pie. Anywho, Emily was loving the baby. She would gently pat her belly, give her five, and replace her binky when it fell out. I was amazed because I thought she'd try to put it in her own mouth. She was so good with her. Everyone kept commenting on how Emily was so cute with the baby, so that must mean that Emily is ready for a little brother or sister. I'm in total agreeance. Unfortunately my magic wand isn't working right now, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home