"I get it!"
Emily didn't want to go to bed last night. She was wired, and I don't know why. So I gave up on putting her in her bed and told her we'd just go snuggle on the couch. She sat there with her binky and blanket for a couple minutes until she exclaimed "My pillow!" I said, "You want your pillow?" She said, "Pillow. I get it!" So she runs down the dark hallway and I knew she wouldn't be able to see. She comes back and says, "All gone!" She couldn't see anything in there, so I guess she just assumed it wasn't there. I turned the hall light on, she dragged her pillow back into the living room, and we laid on the couch together. I asked Em if I could snuggle with her and she shook her head yes. All of a sudden she said, "Momma pillow! I get it." She went back into her room and brought out another pillow for me. I thought it was the sweetest thing.
I felt bad because I was starting to get frustrated with her. I just wanted her to go to sleep. Then we ended up having a nice time just snuggling and playing on the couch. Soon enough she'll get older and it won't be cool to hang out with your mom on the couch. I should enjoy this while it lasts.
The library called again last night. Another woman, claiming I'd returned that CD without the cover. I swear, these people need a new system. When it does come time to return the CD I'll have to make sure they know I'm the one who dropped it off.
I felt bad because I was starting to get frustrated with her. I just wanted her to go to sleep. Then we ended up having a nice time just snuggling and playing on the couch. Soon enough she'll get older and it won't be cool to hang out with your mom on the couch. I should enjoy this while it lasts.
The library called again last night. Another woman, claiming I'd returned that CD without the cover. I swear, these people need a new system. When it does come time to return the CD I'll have to make sure they know I'm the one who dropped it off.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home