There's a baby in Mommy's belly!
We said that to Emily yesterday to see what she'd do/say (knowing she's too young to comprehend anyway). She gave us this look, like "What the hell are you talking about!" It was priceless. She looked at us like we were morons.
We told our families yesterday. It's so fun to catch people off-guard. With my parents I asked my mom if she could watch Emily on October 6th because I had a doctor's appointment. I said, "Or you can come with us..." She said, "Who are you going to see?" I said my OB's name and she just stared at me, at Jim, back at me, and a big smile spread across her face. It was so funny. We called Jim's parents (they live far away) and let Emily jibber-jabber to Jim's mom. Jim said, "Did you hear what she said? She said she's going to be a big sister." Jim's mom yelled so loud I could hear it across the room.
Then we headed over to Jim's sisters' house to have dinner and his brother and his kids were there. Jim's 9-year-old niece was so cute. When we told everyone she just sat there very quietly. She looked over at her aunt and said, "Is Auntie Heather joking?" She was so happy that she didn't want to let herself get too excited if it wasn't true.
We're the type of people that don't want to keep things a secret "just in case". I can't be quiet to save my life! We both feel that if God forbid, something was going to happen, our families would know anyway. But now I find myself getting nervous. I thought I would be more laid back with this being our second pregnancy. I think I'll feel a little better once I get a few weeks further along. My pregnancy with Emily was so non-eventful... I really hope this one is similar.
We told our families yesterday. It's so fun to catch people off-guard. With my parents I asked my mom if she could watch Emily on October 6th because I had a doctor's appointment. I said, "Or you can come with us..." She said, "Who are you going to see?" I said my OB's name and she just stared at me, at Jim, back at me, and a big smile spread across her face. It was so funny. We called Jim's parents (they live far away) and let Emily jibber-jabber to Jim's mom. Jim said, "Did you hear what she said? She said she's going to be a big sister." Jim's mom yelled so loud I could hear it across the room.
Then we headed over to Jim's sisters' house to have dinner and his brother and his kids were there. Jim's 9-year-old niece was so cute. When we told everyone she just sat there very quietly. She looked over at her aunt and said, "Is Auntie Heather joking?" She was so happy that she didn't want to let herself get too excited if it wasn't true.
We're the type of people that don't want to keep things a secret "just in case". I can't be quiet to save my life! We both feel that if God forbid, something was going to happen, our families would know anyway. But now I find myself getting nervous. I thought I would be more laid back with this being our second pregnancy. I think I'll feel a little better once I get a few weeks further along. My pregnancy with Emily was so non-eventful... I really hope this one is similar.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home