Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The Due-In boards...

I have to sit back and laugh. It's either that or whack my head up against the computer monitor. I know that I was pretty paranoid about going through my first pregnancy... I wanted to do things right, ya know? But some of this stuff is making me crazy.

"Are hot dogs ok?"
"Tuna fish?"
"Peanuts?"
"Deli meats?"
"What about Listeria?"
A different thread started for each one...

Everybody has different opinions. So then you have 12 people who debate what brand of hot dogs is best (or tell you that you shouldn't eat them at all, because their doctor said so). If you're that worried about it, stick with what you know is safe. It might be a good idea to live in a bubble for the next 8 months as well.

Then you have the woman who is 5 weeks pregnant. She takes a test every other day for a week and worries she might not be pregnant because the line isn't as dark as the control line. Then she realizes that she has the lines mixed up, so really, the "pregnant" line is darker than the control line.
Oh. My. God.

I was hoping I'd enjoy the Due-In boards as much as I did with Em, but it seems the pregnancy hormones have made me crabby. All I do is think, "What is wrong with these people?!"

What's funny is that I'm sure I was similar with my first pregnancy. I couldn't have been that bad, though, right?

Don't answer that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I so totally agree.
I have felt very little urge to post much on that board so far. I don't know if its because I already have a group whom I feel comfortable with and it just seems like it won't be the same or because like you said, the topics just seem silly to me!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home