Friday, September 09, 2005

The Bomb

This dessert is so good that it's bad. I'm waiting for the pudding to set in the fridge so I can put everything together. I made it last weekend and I ended up leaving more than half of the leftovers with my sisters-in-law. Now I'm making it for a get-together tomorrow night, but I'm cutting the recipe in half and only doing one layer.

I've lost 10 pounds since June and I'd really like to lose at least 10 more. For now. I just fit into my favorite pre-Alex jeans about 2 weeks ago, but they just fit differently. They aren't as comfy as they once were. The baby weight came off so easy after Emily was born, but it's been a lot different this time. I gained 10 more pounds with Alex and it's been a lot harder to get it off.

For me to really get this extra weight off, I seriously can't have the crappy food in the house. I have a really hard time limiting myself to "just one or two cookies..." It turns into 5 or 6 quite easily. So for the most part, I haven't been buying junk food. We just haven't been keeping it around the house. I don't think there's any other way for me to do it.

Now if I would just be willing to cut out the Pepsi... ;)


I went to the store this morning and my mom went with us. Emily loves my mom. She was so funny today. She wanted my mom to do everything with her. Only Mema could get her in and out of her carseat. "Mema do it! I want Mema!" She had to ride in Mema's cart. She had to hold Mema's hand. Everything Mema Mema Mema!

I love that they are so close.

After my mom left, Emily went down for a nap. When she got up, she played with playdough. For 2 hours. How a 2 and 1/2 year old can play with playdough for 2 freakin' hours is beyond me! My kitchen floor was covered in a red, crumbly mess afterwards, but hey, it kept her busy and she had fun.

In Alex news, he's finding his feet. It's so cute to see him try and grab 'em.



















I loved the little sporty outfit he had on today, but unfortunately it didn't stay on long. I wanted to throw that stinkin' exersaucer out the window today. Almost everytime that kid poops while he's sitting in it, the poop goes all up his back. Except today I didn't find out until it was too late. I had already been carrying Alex when I got a whiff of something. I had poop on my arm, and Alex was a huge mess. He went straight into the tub.

He is so lucky he's cute. And he's lucky he likes that damn 'saucer so much!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashleigh said...

Awww poor you! That little stinker just waits until you put him in the saucer before he poops! He's smart. And so very cute too!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

ha ha ha. WTG Alex. Heather, he's already got a sense of humor.;-)

Emily is funny... that is great that she loves her mena so much.

and finally.. I totally hear you on the weight issue. My fat jeans are finally comfy. I still have 15 lbs to go to get into my normal clothes. It's taking forever this time. We'll get there Hethmo :)

12:33 AM  
Blogger JL said...

I forgot about poop up the back! thanks for the reminder as I decided whether to have another kid (wink)
I am totally the same way about food - I cannot have it in the house - or I EAT IT!
You always look great though, really!

11:35 AM  
Blogger JL said...

oh yeah, I need to get that "Bomb" recipe. I seriously don't know WHY I din't get that momma's house cookbook... I wish I could!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home