She ate dinner...
and didn't even ask for PB&J once!
Erica, if you're reading this, your beef tips and gravy over rice were a huge hit at our house! Jim and I loved it, and I thought for sure that Emily wouldn't eat it. She's really picky when it comes to certain textures and she's never been too into beef (unless it's ground).
So we sat down for dinner and Emily's saying, "Oooh, I'm gonna like that!" I'd been talking it up to her, and let her help put it all together. She took one bite, chewed, and wanted to spit it out. Damn. Another meal she's refusing to eat...
But then she started devouring the rice and gravy that I'd mixed onto her plate. So then I got the brilliant idea (duh!) to shred some of the beef and hide it in with her rice and gravy.
Emily had 3 helpings! She loved it! She kept saying, "I like that, Mom. You make that again. I like it!"
She's been such a picky eater that dinnertime is getting to be a challenge. So I was really excited tonight when I found a way to get her to eat something more substantial than PB&J...
In other news, I think we're going to be saying goodbye to the binky this weekend. Jim seems to be really spazzing about it, saying he feels so bad taking it away from her. I told him that her teeth (and therefore our wallets) will thank us later.
Emily ended up falling asleep while snuggling with me on the couch this past Saturday night. I wasn't trying to get her to go to sleep, she was just really tired I guess. The ticker is that she didn't have her binky. I told Jim, "She doesn't need that thing anymore. Seriously."
So here's my plan (although it doesn't seem Jim is completely convinced yet)...
I want to take Emily to Build-a-Bear on Sunday. She's never been there before. She can pick out a stuffed animal, and then when it comes time to put the heart inside, she can put the binky inside too. That way her binky will always be with her. And we could even give it a cheesy name like "Mr. Binky Bear" or something.
My only worry is that the whole binky-inside-the-bear thing will backfire and she'll just want to take the bear apart to get the binky out. ;) So maybe she could just pay for the bear with her binky, or the binky can just magically disappear... I dunno... We'll see, I guess.
I'm also worried about how nighttime will be after the binky is gone. She'd been doing really well in her bed, and now she's occasionally getting up again and coming to bed with us. I think we can expect even more of that once the binky is gone.
She's ready, though. I'm sure it'll take some adjustment at first, but I really think she'll do ok after a few days.
I hope, anyway...
Erica, if you're reading this, your beef tips and gravy over rice were a huge hit at our house! Jim and I loved it, and I thought for sure that Emily wouldn't eat it. She's really picky when it comes to certain textures and she's never been too into beef (unless it's ground).
So we sat down for dinner and Emily's saying, "Oooh, I'm gonna like that!" I'd been talking it up to her, and let her help put it all together. She took one bite, chewed, and wanted to spit it out. Damn. Another meal she's refusing to eat...
But then she started devouring the rice and gravy that I'd mixed onto her plate. So then I got the brilliant idea (duh!) to shred some of the beef and hide it in with her rice and gravy.
Emily had 3 helpings! She loved it! She kept saying, "I like that, Mom. You make that again. I like it!"
She's been such a picky eater that dinnertime is getting to be a challenge. So I was really excited tonight when I found a way to get her to eat something more substantial than PB&J...
In other news, I think we're going to be saying goodbye to the binky this weekend. Jim seems to be really spazzing about it, saying he feels so bad taking it away from her. I told him that her teeth (and therefore our wallets) will thank us later.
Emily ended up falling asleep while snuggling with me on the couch this past Saturday night. I wasn't trying to get her to go to sleep, she was just really tired I guess. The ticker is that she didn't have her binky. I told Jim, "She doesn't need that thing anymore. Seriously."
So here's my plan (although it doesn't seem Jim is completely convinced yet)...
I want to take Emily to Build-a-Bear on Sunday. She's never been there before. She can pick out a stuffed animal, and then when it comes time to put the heart inside, she can put the binky inside too. That way her binky will always be with her. And we could even give it a cheesy name like "Mr. Binky Bear" or something.
My only worry is that the whole binky-inside-the-bear thing will backfire and she'll just want to take the bear apart to get the binky out. ;) So maybe she could just pay for the bear with her binky, or the binky can just magically disappear... I dunno... We'll see, I guess.
I'm also worried about how nighttime will be after the binky is gone. She'd been doing really well in her bed, and now she's occasionally getting up again and coming to bed with us. I think we can expect even more of that once the binky is gone.
She's ready, though. I'm sure it'll take some adjustment at first, but I really think she'll do ok after a few days.
I hope, anyway...

2 Comments:
Heather, that's great that Emily ate so much dinner.
As for the binky... I wish you luck - whatever you do. Going to build-a-bear is a great idea. (please post pictures when you go) I don't know which is better though... putting the binky inside it or paying for it with the binky??
Heather, you should get her to pay for the bear with her binky like Ben did. That way they feel grown up and special. Ben still sleeps with his Buzz. I think it would be alot easier than putting the binky inside because then she knows it's inside kwim? Good luck and it was a very easy progress for us!
Post a Comment
<< Home