Paybacks...
When I was little, I would wake up every morning around 5am. My mom would drag her feet behind me out to the living room, pop on the cartoons, give me a bowl of cereal, and go back to sleep on the couch for a bit. She said it didn't matter what she did, I was determined to be an early riser. I'm still not one to sleep in much. I'm always thinking of other things that I could be doing. (Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with me...)
So now that I'd prefer to sleep a little bit in the morning, my two monkeys are wide awake by 6 every morning. I doesn't matter what time Alex has had his last bottle - even if he takes a bottle at 5 and goes back to sleep, he's still usually up for the day by 6.
And now Emily is wanting to get up by 6 as well. There's no convincing her she still needs more sleep, even when it's painfully obvious that she's still tired.
I told my mom about Emily and Alex's mornings as of late, and I told her I was sorry I made her get up every morning at the buttcrack of dawn. She laughed.
Speaking of sleep... Alex may like to get up early in the morning, but at least he goes to sleep well. I'm so used to having a baby that fell asleep with a bottle or needed to be rocked to sleep. Alex can go to sleep all on his own. :)
I laid Alex down in his crib for a little bit while I went to put some clothes away. I realized I didn't hear his babbling after awhile, so I went to check on him. He fell asleep all by himself! Way to go, Alex!
This morning I put him down for his nap and he started crying after a few minutes. I let him fuss for a bit to see if he'd calm down, and then I went in to give him his binky. I rubbed my fingers over his forehead and he conked out immediately.

It's just so strange... I'm really not used to this. It makes him seem like such a big boy. Luckily he still likes to snuggle and be rocked occasionally.
Lastly, we went to a parade in our town yesterday evening. It's the start of an annual festival we have every year called Old Fashioned Days. People enter their old remodled cars in competitions, there are watermelon-eating contests, horseshoe throwing contests, and all that yummy fair food. I got a huge bag of kettle corn, so we'll see how long it lasts around here. I love that stuff.
Emily loved the parade. She waved to everyone. Alex, on the other hand, slept through most of it, even when the firetrucks went by honking their horns.
So now that I'd prefer to sleep a little bit in the morning, my two monkeys are wide awake by 6 every morning. I doesn't matter what time Alex has had his last bottle - even if he takes a bottle at 5 and goes back to sleep, he's still usually up for the day by 6.
And now Emily is wanting to get up by 6 as well. There's no convincing her she still needs more sleep, even when it's painfully obvious that she's still tired.
I told my mom about Emily and Alex's mornings as of late, and I told her I was sorry I made her get up every morning at the buttcrack of dawn. She laughed.
Speaking of sleep... Alex may like to get up early in the morning, but at least he goes to sleep well. I'm so used to having a baby that fell asleep with a bottle or needed to be rocked to sleep. Alex can go to sleep all on his own. :)
I laid Alex down in his crib for a little bit while I went to put some clothes away. I realized I didn't hear his babbling after awhile, so I went to check on him. He fell asleep all by himself! Way to go, Alex!
This morning I put him down for his nap and he started crying after a few minutes. I let him fuss for a bit to see if he'd calm down, and then I went in to give him his binky. I rubbed my fingers over his forehead and he conked out immediately.

It's just so strange... I'm really not used to this. It makes him seem like such a big boy. Luckily he still likes to snuggle and be rocked occasionally.
Lastly, we went to a parade in our town yesterday evening. It's the start of an annual festival we have every year called Old Fashioned Days. People enter their old remodled cars in competitions, there are watermelon-eating contests, horseshoe throwing contests, and all that yummy fair food. I got a huge bag of kettle corn, so we'll see how long it lasts around here. I love that stuff.
Emily loved the parade. She waved to everyone. Alex, on the other hand, slept through most of it, even when the firetrucks went by honking their horns.

1 Comments:
Heather what a great picture. Sleeping babies are so awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home