Monsters
Emily came into our bedroom after her nap today and started jumping on the bed. Then she laid down like she was sleeping and started yelling (playfully, not like she was scared), "Go away, monsters!" Then she told me, "Mommy, the monsters wake me up!"
I have no idea where she's gotten this from, but it's too funny.
So I said, "Those silly monsters! You tell them 'Please be quiet, I'm trying to sleep!'" So she looked towards the bedroom door and yelled, "Silly monsters, be quiet! I sleepin'!"
That went on for about 10 minutes.
We made a countdown chart for Emily to try and help her grasp the idea that we still have a few more days til we leave for Maine. And to save our sanity since every hour we hear, "We goin' to Maine today, please?!"
Well it seemed to help a little bit, until this evening on the way home from shopping. She doesn't get the binky in the car, so she's quite the chatterbox back there. Except this evening it was the whining, "I wanna go fishing, Daddy! Pleeeeaaaase!" And I would bet a lot of money that she doesn't even know what fishing is.
All that aside, I'm glad she's so excited about going. We finally bought a portable dvd player tonight, so that will make the trip a lot easier.
I took the headrest out of Alex's carseat yesterday, but I think I'm going to have to put it back in for the trip. He holds his head up really well, but I think he'll be more comfortable with it being such a long car ride. It's just that he's getting really tall, so we have to keep hiking the headrest up to the top of the carseat.

I can't get over how fast Alex is growing. He's turning into such a smiley guy. He loves to be held sitting up so he can look at everything, especially his big sister. He and Emily just adore each other.
I have no idea where she's gotten this from, but it's too funny.
So I said, "Those silly monsters! You tell them 'Please be quiet, I'm trying to sleep!'" So she looked towards the bedroom door and yelled, "Silly monsters, be quiet! I sleepin'!"
That went on for about 10 minutes.
We made a countdown chart for Emily to try and help her grasp the idea that we still have a few more days til we leave for Maine. And to save our sanity since every hour we hear, "We goin' to Maine today, please?!"
Well it seemed to help a little bit, until this evening on the way home from shopping. She doesn't get the binky in the car, so she's quite the chatterbox back there. Except this evening it was the whining, "I wanna go fishing, Daddy! Pleeeeaaaase!" And I would bet a lot of money that she doesn't even know what fishing is.
All that aside, I'm glad she's so excited about going. We finally bought a portable dvd player tonight, so that will make the trip a lot easier.
I took the headrest out of Alex's carseat yesterday, but I think I'm going to have to put it back in for the trip. He holds his head up really well, but I think he'll be more comfortable with it being such a long car ride. It's just that he's getting really tall, so we have to keep hiking the headrest up to the top of the carseat.

I can't get over how fast Alex is growing. He's turning into such a smiley guy. He loves to be held sitting up so he can look at everything, especially his big sister. He and Emily just adore each other.

1 Comments:
You have beautiful children. They look so much alike!
Post a Comment
<< Home