Monday, November 29, 2004

I've been thinking lately about what I'll do with Emily's clothes if we find out on Wednesday that this baby is a boy. Jim and I figure that if we have a third child, we'll most likely put more time in between the kids - like closer to school age for Em and baby #2. Part of me would like to consign her clothes, or put a bunch on eBay. She has quite a bit of Old Navy and Gap stuff, so I could probably get a decent amount. But it makes me sad to think of getting rid of all of it. I don't know if it's the practical part of me that thinks, "Oh, well we might use them down the road for another child..." or if it's more of the sappy side of me that just doesn't want to let go of those cute little outfits. I mean, it's all just going to sit in boxes in the attic. It's not doing much good up there. And besides, if we do have another one down the road, I may want to get newer stuff anyway.
Hopefully we'll know if there's even a need to keep it all come Wednesday morning. My appointment is at 9:40, so Jim's going to take the morning off work. My mom is excited because she's coming with us. I'm finding myself a bit more nervous this time around. I feel like I haven't been taking care of myself as well as I did when I was pregnant with Emily. I haven't been eating like I should. Sometimes I forget to take my vitamins. I guess it's just the normal worries that creep up before the big ultrasound...

The other day I was changing my shirt when Emily was in the room. Em looked at me and said, "Baby!" I thought she was looking for her doll, and I said, "Where's the baby?" She pointed towards my belly and said, "Baby Momma belly! Awww!" It was so funny. That's the first time she has said something about the baby without someone else bringing it up first. She also points to the little rattle that I got from my Secret Santa and says, "Baby toy!" And then she'll bring it over to my belly and say "Here ya go, baby."

I think Emily's relieved to have a day to play at home. We've been on the go since Thursday. She had no nap on Thursday... Played at my mom and dad's Friday afternoon and evening while Jim and I shopped for her... Running around to different stores with me and Jim on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon... We ran her around too much apparently, because by Sunday afternoon she was a bear. She's usually so easy to take out and shop with, but by that point she'd had it. I found myself getting frustrated with her because it's so unlike her to be such a stinker when we go out. And then I felt really bad because we had just expected too much of her. So when we got home early Sunday evening Jim gave her a bath while I lit a nice fire in the fireplace. We got her jammies on her and the three of us snuggled on the floor and watched Shrek on tv. She stayed up til 9 to watch it, which is late for her. But she slept great last night and she's been in a better mood today. I was glad, because I missed my happy girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home