Sunday, November 21, 2004

I am getting the urge to shop for baby things. I hadn't really been thinking about it until Thursday when I stepped foot in Babies R' Us to shop for a shower gift. It had been a long time since I've been in there. I am getting really antsy for our big ultrasound. A week and a half to go. I will be a shopping fool if this is a boy.
As my mom and I were walking around BRU I noticed they've come out with a lot of new baby things since I registered for Emily. It's amazing how many more new things they come up with in 2 years. I was walking around, saying "I want this!" and "Oh, this is really nice!" Of course, I already have a bouncy seat and a bassinet, but if I got to choose all over again, those are the ones I'd want now.
There's not really a lot we'll need in terms of baby gear, obviously, with this being our second. We'll probably get a double stroller. We haven't really looked around at anything, either.

I'm looking forward to getting ready for Christmas. We'll probably start taking bring stuff down from the attic the weekend after Thanksgiving. Both Jim and I are itching to set things up because we know Emily will get a kick out of all of it.

At the moment, Jim is making pancakes, and Emily is coloring with her 5-year-old cousin Meaghan. Jim's 10-year-old niece had a birthday sleepover last night and she didn't want her kid sister tagging along. So Meg was psyched to spend the night here. Both girls were a riot - they were so excited. They watched Meg's Barbie Nutcracker movie and didn't go to bed til 10:30. I think I was ready for bed before them. We don't usually let Emily stay up that late, but they were having so much fun together. Everyone slept til 8:00 this morning, and now we're waiting for breakfast.

I've got that baby shower today, but before then I'm hoping to finish up our Christmas card picture. I'm ordering it though WalMart like I did last year. I'm kind of doing the same thing as far as colorizing a black and white photo. We did it last year and I wanted to do something different this year, but I like the pic we got of Em. I'm just not happy with the background of our blue wall. So making it black and white fixes that problem. I put her shirt and ribbons back to red and I liked how it turned out. We could try again, but Emily was so tired of getting her picture taken, and frankly, I want to be done. And I really want to get these photo cards ordered soon. I just realized that it's already almost Thanksgiving, which means it's almost the beginning of December. Time is flying. I also need to finish up the photobook I'm making up on Shutterfly for Jim's parents. We're going together with Jim's brother and making (well, I'm making it and ordering it) one of all 4 of Jim's parents' grandkids. They live so far away and don't really have an album of pictures of the kids. So now they'll have a nice hard cover photobook. I'm sure it will stay down in their restaurant so they can show it off to all their regulars. We did a calendar last year, which they loved (Jim's mom cried when she opened it), but I wanted to do something a little different this year. I think we'll probably go back to the calendar next year. My parents are getting a calendar of Emily pics again this year, so I need to finish that too.

Ok... I'm off to see if breakfast is ready.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home