Mmm... I love cheeseburgers. I had to run out to the post office this morning and I thought What the hell - I'm gettin' a cheeseburger. So Emily and I went though the drive-thru on the way home and got us some yummy, greasy lunch. As soon as the lady handed me the bag Emily shouts "French fry!" Geez, I guess the girl has been through a drive-thru a few times.
*Hanging head in shame*
Now I sit here eating Halloween candy. I've been eyeing the M&M's for a few days now. I was going to save them for Emily, but I need the chocolate more. And she needs to learn to start sharing with her baby brother or sister, right?. Plus, she'll never miss it. I'm taking advantage of this while I can, before she gets older and won't share any of her Halloween candy with Mom. She's happy now as long as she gets the crackers.
We ran into a nice old lady at the post office. As we're getting out of the car the lady says "How old is she?" I said "Almost two," and she starts telling me about her great-granddaughter who is around the same age, who she hopes to see at Thanksgiving. We lingered so she could talk to Emily a bit more, and luckily Em was being very friendly. Afterwards she looked up at me and very sincerely said, "Thank you so much. She's a little doll." And she left. What a sweet old lady. I bet she's a really good grandma. She just seemed the type.
Well we got our DSL stuff all hooked up, and our computer moved out of the new baby's room and into our room. Okay, well Jim got it all set up. But I guess the phone company doesn't have the circuits set up yet or whatever (I don't know the lingo) so now we have the cable line running from the baby's room over to our room. Hopefully it'll be set in the next day or two. I should be organizing things in the baby's room instead of fiddling around here, but this is more fun. It's going to take some work to get that room into shape. We've lived here for 2 years and we've used that room primarily for storage. It's a mess. The room is pretty small, so I'm anxious to see how we're going to set things up in there. Emily's room is a lot bigger, so we didn't have any issues with that. Once it's emptied we'll need to take down the baseball border and paint the walls and ceiling. We've been talking about new carpeting, too. Actually, though, it probably isn't too bad, except for a couple spots that looks like bleach spots. It's blue, so it would work for a boy. We'll have to see how it looks.
Speaking of baby... I woke up this morning at 5:30 and had my hand on my stomach. I swore I felt the baby move on the outside. I almost woke Jim up. I think it was my imagination, though. I was half-asleep. I've been feeling flutters off and on for a couple of weeks, but I'm thinking 15 1/2 weeks is a little early to feel movement on the outside. So we'll see. I love seeing the baby move. I remember with Emily how we'd poke and prod and she'd push back. One of the most freaky, yet cool things was when I was in labor. I was pushing, and in between a contraction we looked down and could literally see her turning and moving down. It was like something out of Alien. It was awesome. Pregnancy just amazes me.
*Hanging head in shame*
Now I sit here eating Halloween candy. I've been eyeing the M&M's for a few days now. I was going to save them for Emily, but I need the chocolate more. And she needs to learn to start sharing with her baby brother or sister, right?. Plus, she'll never miss it. I'm taking advantage of this while I can, before she gets older and won't share any of her Halloween candy with Mom. She's happy now as long as she gets the crackers.
We ran into a nice old lady at the post office. As we're getting out of the car the lady says "How old is she?" I said "Almost two," and she starts telling me about her great-granddaughter who is around the same age, who she hopes to see at Thanksgiving. We lingered so she could talk to Emily a bit more, and luckily Em was being very friendly. Afterwards she looked up at me and very sincerely said, "Thank you so much. She's a little doll." And she left. What a sweet old lady. I bet she's a really good grandma. She just seemed the type.
Well we got our DSL stuff all hooked up, and our computer moved out of the new baby's room and into our room. Okay, well Jim got it all set up. But I guess the phone company doesn't have the circuits set up yet or whatever (I don't know the lingo) so now we have the cable line running from the baby's room over to our room. Hopefully it'll be set in the next day or two. I should be organizing things in the baby's room instead of fiddling around here, but this is more fun. It's going to take some work to get that room into shape. We've lived here for 2 years and we've used that room primarily for storage. It's a mess. The room is pretty small, so I'm anxious to see how we're going to set things up in there. Emily's room is a lot bigger, so we didn't have any issues with that. Once it's emptied we'll need to take down the baseball border and paint the walls and ceiling. We've been talking about new carpeting, too. Actually, though, it probably isn't too bad, except for a couple spots that looks like bleach spots. It's blue, so it would work for a boy. We'll have to see how it looks.
Speaking of baby... I woke up this morning at 5:30 and had my hand on my stomach. I swore I felt the baby move on the outside. I almost woke Jim up. I think it was my imagination, though. I was half-asleep. I've been feeling flutters off and on for a couple of weeks, but I'm thinking 15 1/2 weeks is a little early to feel movement on the outside. So we'll see. I love seeing the baby move. I remember with Emily how we'd poke and prod and she'd push back. One of the most freaky, yet cool things was when I was in labor. I was pushing, and in between a contraction we looked down and could literally see her turning and moving down. It was like something out of Alien. It was awesome. Pregnancy just amazes me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home