Wednesday ramblings...
Emily was holding on tight to her Daddy this morning as he was getting ready to go to work. She didn't even want him to put on his shoes. She kept saying, "No work, Daddy. No work." We thought I was going to have to pry her from his arms, until I uttered the words "Do you want to have some cereal with Mommy?" She yelled "Yeah!" gave Jim and hug and a kiss, and jumped down. "Bye Daddy! Love you so much!" Silly girl. One mention of food and all is forgotten. She happily waved bye to Jim and then ate all of my cereal.
I need to be drinking more water. Jim is now lecturing me on how I should carry water around with me all day, blah blah blah. I teased him about giving me the lecture, but he's right. I've just been keeping busy the past few days and I haven't been thinking. I realized yesterday that I hadn't had a thing to drink from noon until 5:15pm yesterday. Shame on me. No wonder I was feeling lousy! I have a big insulated cup from the hospital when I had Emily that I will try and keep filled with water throughout the day. It's a nice huge mug with a lid and straw.
Emily goes in for her flu shot this afternoon. I'm really dreading taking her in. The last time she went in there she was a basketcase as soon as the nurse came in the room. Now she's going in for the sole purpose of being stuck with a needle and she's going to be so pissed. I know it's good for her, but I still feel bad. I hope she forgets by her 2 year check up. I don't want her to be scared the whole time, especially when she doesn't even get any shots.
I can't remember if she had a reaction to the flu shot last time. I don't think she did. I have my cake decorating class tonight, so I worry about not being here. She's only had one fever since her febrile seizure in February, and luckily it was easily controlled. I just worry anytime there's a chance of a fever now. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like with the new baby once he/she arrives. I'm assuming that he or she will be susceptible to febrile seizures since Emily has had one. I'm not even going to think about that right now. You know, I'm not much of a worrier when it comes to pregnancy, but once that baby gets here my mind races. I need to relax.
Speaking of cake decorating, I've been checking out stuff at Michael's. I'm throwing around ideas as far as Emily's birthday goes. I'm not really a fan of theme birthday stuff, especially the character ones, but I think Emily would really like it. There's a cute Elmo mold that looks doable. I don't think it will be tough to decorate at all. I know Em would be really excited about it.
We have to take an frosted cake to class every week, so I made mine up last night. Emily sat at the table while I was frosting it and she kept yelling "WOW! Cake!" She was so funny. I told her I wanted to eat it now and she said, "Yeah!" I don't think she would have minding digging into it. She also kept trying to blow on the cake - like she was blowing out a candle. You can tell she's been to a couple birthday parties recently.
Oh well... Guess I should go get some water now. Jim will probably call me any minute to remind me. Haha...
I need to be drinking more water. Jim is now lecturing me on how I should carry water around with me all day, blah blah blah. I teased him about giving me the lecture, but he's right. I've just been keeping busy the past few days and I haven't been thinking. I realized yesterday that I hadn't had a thing to drink from noon until 5:15pm yesterday. Shame on me. No wonder I was feeling lousy! I have a big insulated cup from the hospital when I had Emily that I will try and keep filled with water throughout the day. It's a nice huge mug with a lid and straw.
Emily goes in for her flu shot this afternoon. I'm really dreading taking her in. The last time she went in there she was a basketcase as soon as the nurse came in the room. Now she's going in for the sole purpose of being stuck with a needle and she's going to be so pissed. I know it's good for her, but I still feel bad. I hope she forgets by her 2 year check up. I don't want her to be scared the whole time, especially when she doesn't even get any shots.
I can't remember if she had a reaction to the flu shot last time. I don't think she did. I have my cake decorating class tonight, so I worry about not being here. She's only had one fever since her febrile seizure in February, and luckily it was easily controlled. I just worry anytime there's a chance of a fever now. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like with the new baby once he/she arrives. I'm assuming that he or she will be susceptible to febrile seizures since Emily has had one. I'm not even going to think about that right now. You know, I'm not much of a worrier when it comes to pregnancy, but once that baby gets here my mind races. I need to relax.
Speaking of cake decorating, I've been checking out stuff at Michael's. I'm throwing around ideas as far as Emily's birthday goes. I'm not really a fan of theme birthday stuff, especially the character ones, but I think Emily would really like it. There's a cute Elmo mold that looks doable. I don't think it will be tough to decorate at all. I know Em would be really excited about it.
We have to take an frosted cake to class every week, so I made mine up last night. Emily sat at the table while I was frosting it and she kept yelling "WOW! Cake!" She was so funny. I told her I wanted to eat it now and she said, "Yeah!" I don't think she would have minding digging into it. She also kept trying to blow on the cake - like she was blowing out a candle. You can tell she's been to a couple birthday parties recently.
Oh well... Guess I should go get some water now. Jim will probably call me any minute to remind me. Haha...

1 Comments:
I didn't realize you were doing cake decorating! Are you doing it at Michaels? We were in there this weekend and saw a sign for it and Kevin told me I should take the classes before Ava's b-day. I had sort of forgot about it until I read this. Are you enjoying it? How much is it? Do you have to have your own tools or do you sort of buy as you go? TIA
Post a Comment
<< Home