Monday, September 20, 2004

Leavin' on a jet plane...

Ok, so I'm not leaving on a plane, but Emily and I will be heading to Cleveland in the morning to pick up my BIL from the airport. He's coming into town for the calling hours and funeral. I'm only dreading the trip because I hate driving in that area during rush hour. I think I'll be leaving super early just to beat it. Otherwise, I think the airport is a cool place. I don't know my way around, but for some reason I like walking around there. And Em will get a kick out of seeing airplanes. She's very interested in them lately.

We got some more info on our friend's accident. It sounds like he was riding up a hill pretty fast (he was ahead of everyone else on the bike tour) and lost control once he got to the top. He ended up going into the other lane of on-coming traffic and was hit by an SUV. When everyone caught up to him after he'd been hit he was trying to get up, saying he wanted to go home. I would have rather thought of him not knowing what had hit him - literally. I just know that the next few days are going to be rough on everyone.

I took my cats to the vet this past Saturday. I have some mixed feelings about this vet. I hadn't been to this vet before. He's nice and all, but he's far from thorough. My cats are 12 and 14 and I made it clear to him that it's been a long time since they've been to a vet. I took them in because they have been peeing outside the litterbox. He felt their bellies and said he doubts they have any infection. He thinks they need some kind of vitamin (can't remember what right off the top of my head) because their kidneys are weakening due to old age. He thinks this vitamin (given twice a day - does he know that cats are not easy to give medicine to!?) will solve everything. I'm not optimistic, but I'll give it a shot as soon as I get to a GNC to get the vitamins.
I also mentioned that I knew that their teeth were probably in bad shape. Like I said, it's been forever since they've been to a vet. He didn't even look in their mouth. He didn't give any kind of routine check up that I expected.
Needless to say, I was not impressed.

I want Sims 2 so bad. Sooo bad. I was worried our computer was a little too ancient for it to run properly, but it sounds like we may just need to update the video driver. Jim's going to check it out and hopefully we can get the game soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home