A Good Start to the Weekend
Well I ended up going out for the birthday dinner and I had a good time. I even stayed out til 11:30, which I really didn't think I would. I'm glad I went.
I was so tired this morning though... But we got up and went to Jim's niece and nephew's first soccer game of the season. They are 5 and almost-4. It's so cute to watch all those little kids running around chasing a ball. At one point my nephew was on the field when he stopped and said, "Daddy, I wanna take a nap." Everyone said, "Awww..." Guess he was tired from all that running around.
After lunch and Em's nap we headed out to do some shopping. We had to get SIL #1's birthday present (we're doing dinner and cake tomorrow). I also wanted to get Emily some fall shoes, but had no luck. Payless had some cute brown mary jane-style ones for $17.99, but they didn't come in wide. Em's chubby feet just looked a bit cramped. Hopefully this week I can get out to the Stride Rite outlet and find some cute ones. It's a 45 minute drive, but she needs shoes. And I hate to pay full price at Dillards when I can get them a lot cheaper somewhere else.
We went to Steak-N-Shake for dinner. Not much to say about that except Mmm...
On the way home we went into KMart to get some wrapping paper. Jim spotted an Elmo backpack. It was a stuffed plush Elmo that had a zipper in the back. It was so cute. Emily sat in the cart talking to it, hugging it, kissing it... I told Jim "How can we deny her Elmo!?" Then she walked around the store with it on her back. She looked so stinkin' cute and so proud.
We ran into Hallmark after that and Em still had Elmo on her back. When we went up to the register Emily said hi to the woman there. She asked Emily, "What do you have there?" Emily proudly answered, "Elmo!" She and Jim headed for the door as I got my change and all of a sudden Emily turned around and yelled, "BYE!!" The woman yelled bye back to her. That little girl makes me laugh so much.
Elmo was definitely a good purchase. I can't believe how happy Em is. When laying her down for bed she was clutching onto him for dear life. It's so fun to do things that make them so happy. Especially when it's something so simple like a $9 backpack... Who would've thought?
I was so tired this morning though... But we got up and went to Jim's niece and nephew's first soccer game of the season. They are 5 and almost-4. It's so cute to watch all those little kids running around chasing a ball. At one point my nephew was on the field when he stopped and said, "Daddy, I wanna take a nap." Everyone said, "Awww..." Guess he was tired from all that running around.
After lunch and Em's nap we headed out to do some shopping. We had to get SIL #1's birthday present (we're doing dinner and cake tomorrow). I also wanted to get Emily some fall shoes, but had no luck. Payless had some cute brown mary jane-style ones for $17.99, but they didn't come in wide. Em's chubby feet just looked a bit cramped. Hopefully this week I can get out to the Stride Rite outlet and find some cute ones. It's a 45 minute drive, but she needs shoes. And I hate to pay full price at Dillards when I can get them a lot cheaper somewhere else.
We went to Steak-N-Shake for dinner. Not much to say about that except Mmm...
On the way home we went into KMart to get some wrapping paper. Jim spotted an Elmo backpack. It was a stuffed plush Elmo that had a zipper in the back. It was so cute. Emily sat in the cart talking to it, hugging it, kissing it... I told Jim "How can we deny her Elmo!?" Then she walked around the store with it on her back. She looked so stinkin' cute and so proud.
We ran into Hallmark after that and Em still had Elmo on her back. When we went up to the register Emily said hi to the woman there. She asked Emily, "What do you have there?" Emily proudly answered, "Elmo!" She and Jim headed for the door as I got my change and all of a sudden Emily turned around and yelled, "BYE!!" The woman yelled bye back to her. That little girl makes me laugh so much.
Elmo was definitely a good purchase. I can't believe how happy Em is. When laying her down for bed she was clutching onto him for dear life. It's so fun to do things that make them so happy. Especially when it's something so simple like a $9 backpack... Who would've thought?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home