Fun on a rainy day / Follow-up u/s
Emily had so much fun yesterday afternoon. It was a rainy, dreary day, but she kept busy. I made her some playdough with a recipe from the boards and she loved it. She had a play rolling pin from her kitchen set, plus some of my cookie cutters. She played with that stuff for a good 20-30 minutes.
Then I got out a tub of water and gave her some cups. I put it it all on top of a big towel on the kitchen floor. She had a blast.
I need to do this kind of stuff with her more often. She's really a content little girl - she always keeps herself busy. But I should really be giving her more things like this to do. She really enjoyed herself.
Well, we went for our follow-up u/s yesterday morning. Everything is looking good and I haven't had anymore spotting since that one episode last week. The nurse took a complete history beforehand. I also had blood drawn. We didn't do it last week because I had gone in after the spotting - guess it makes sense to make sure all is well before you get into all that paperwork. Anyway, then we went in for the u/s. It was interesting with this one to see such a big difference between weeks 6 and 7. We could see the baby moving around and we could even make out the arms and legs a little bit. Last week all we saw was a dot with a heartbeat. A wonderful sight, nonetheless... It just seems more real to me now. It's starting to kick in that we're doing this again and that Emily is going to be a big sister.
Then I got out a tub of water and gave her some cups. I put it it all on top of a big towel on the kitchen floor. She had a blast.
I need to do this kind of stuff with her more often. She's really a content little girl - she always keeps herself busy. But I should really be giving her more things like this to do. She really enjoyed herself.
Well, we went for our follow-up u/s yesterday morning. Everything is looking good and I haven't had anymore spotting since that one episode last week. The nurse took a complete history beforehand. I also had blood drawn. We didn't do it last week because I had gone in after the spotting - guess it makes sense to make sure all is well before you get into all that paperwork. Anyway, then we went in for the u/s. It was interesting with this one to see such a big difference between weeks 6 and 7. We could see the baby moving around and we could even make out the arms and legs a little bit. Last week all we saw was a dot with a heartbeat. A wonderful sight, nonetheless... It just seems more real to me now. It's starting to kick in that we're doing this again and that Emily is going to be a big sister.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home