Sunday, August 29, 2004

Ugh.

I think the last time I felt this awful was when I had the flu a few months back. I feel like S-H-I-T. I try not to complain, though, because I know it's part of the deal here. It's totally worth it. But sometimes it just plain sucks. Especially when it's the weekend and you want to do something fun.
Instead I have spent most of the day on the couch, eating saltines and drinking lemonade. I came this close to throwing up earlier. I'm just waiting. I know it's coming. If I'm gonna throw up, let's get it over with already. Seriously.

I didn't feel this bad when I was pregnant with Emily, but really I couldn't call what I had with Emily true morning sickness. It really wasn't bad at all. I'm feeling a lot different this time around. Jim said, "Maybe that means this one is a boy..."

I have somewhat of a silly worry with all this morning sickness. Whenever I go into the bathroom, Emily follows. She freaks out if I close the door and don't let her in. So I'm worried that it'll scare her if she sees me throw up. I really don't want her to see me hovering over the toilet, looking like a pathetic mess. I'm sure there are better things to worry about, but hey, that's what's on my mind right now. That and getting sick in public. I started feeling nauseous in the grocery store on Friday and I thought, "What the hell would I do if I got sick right here in the middle of the store?" I know, I need the roll eyes emoticon right about now...

There is too much fun going on out there. Jim is giving Emily rides in the laundry basket. He pushes her up and down the hallway, running the whole time. She yells, "Three, GO!" He does such fun things with her. I couldn't have asked for a better Daddy for my little girl. She is so in love with him, and it's so obvious. A lot of people comment that she's her Daddy's girl.

It sounds like they're getting some puzzles out, so I'm gonna go join the fun. I'm not quite up for laundry basket rides today, but I can definitely handle puzzles.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I feel your pain.
I actually did get sick once and Kai caught the tail end of it and didn't seem too phased. She just said 'ok, mommy?' What a considerate kid LOL
Hope you're feeling better soon! I do not even want to think about the fact that this is supposed to last until 12 weeks... I hope it ends much sooner, for both of us!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home