Sunday, September 05, 2004

Grocery shopping while pregnant

It can be dangerous. Well, dangerous to your wallet, anyway. Especially when you've been feeling a little better than usual. Today has been pretty damn good, morning sickness-wise. Don't get me wrong - I still feel like crap. But it's do-able crap. I hope this is the beginning. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Anyway, we're having family over for a cookout tomorrow and we ended up spending a lot at the store. But those Pringles were calling my name. And they were on sale. I don't usually buy Pringles, but they're so good. And I've been feeling pretty okay today. Damn it, I wanted the Pringles, so I bought them (the ranch flavored kind... mmm). Jim laughed when I tossed them into the cart. "Giving in to the pregnancy cravings, huh?" "Damn straight." I've already eaten 1/4 of the can and we've only been home for an hour.

Emily is in heaven today. She's been playing outside for a lot of the afternoon. She's been "helping" Daddy work in the yard. She loves to help. She walks around saying, "I helper! I helper!"

When we were leaving to go to the grocery store we decided to take my car. Well the damn thing wouldn't start. Jim and our neighbor just replaced the solenoid (I have no idea if I spelled that right, but that's what it sounds like) a couple of months ago, and Jim says it's acting the same way it did when they replaced it. Ugh. We've been talking about selling this car and getting an SUV for awhile now. It's a '96 with almost 95,000 miles on it. It's been a great car, but I think we're ready for something newer (and more reliable and roomier). We figured we'd probably get one in the next year, but we may be bumping this up. Luckily we're not in a hurry, so we will be taking our time to shop around quite a bit and see what we like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home