Absolute cuteness
My God, Em cracks me up. To get my attention, she repeatedly yells, "Momma. Momma. MommaMommaMommaMomma..."
I'll say, "What, Em?"
"Momma!"
"What?!"
"I too, Momma." Which makes me melt because that's how she says I love you. Somehow I love you too is too much of a mouthful. And she doesn't understand that you don't need to say the "too" unless you're saying it back. Whatever. That makes it more cute.
I remember someone from the boards saying to just wait til the first time they say I love you on their own without you saying it first. I remember when just a kiss brought me near tears.
Speaking of kisses, yesterday she was snubbing my requests for a kiss all day. At dinner I had said, "Can I have a kiss?" She puts her head to the side and closes her eyes and tells me no. So I say, "Ok. I really miss your kisses, though." All of a sudden she looks up, put her arms up, and says, "Hug, Momma?" So I get a hug, followed by a kiss as well.
I think Em can tell that I haven't been feeling well. Sometimes she'll come and snuggle with me on the couch and say, "You ok, Momma?" I feel bad because we've been pretty housebound for most of the week. I just haven't been feeling up to a lot. Em doesn't seem to mind, though. She really goes with the flow.
She was so excited to be out of the house yesterday that she was golden in Hallmark, a place I never take her. But I really needed to get out. I figured we'd see how she'd do. She'd look at all the teddy bears, bent over with her hands on her knees. "Wow!" she'd say. It doesn't take much to impress her. I'm sure the women working there were dreading us coming in when she saw the 1 and 1/2 year-old. But she made sure to comment on how good Emily was when we were leaving. I thanked her, then Emily looked up and said, "Tank Chu! Bye bye!" She's a charmer, my child.
I don't know if anyone has checked out the new Jane Pauley Show. I caught it the other day (I think it was Wednesday's episode, but I'm not positive) and I spent the hour just sobbing. The pregnancy hormones don't help, I'm sure. Anyway, there was a woman on the show that had been diagnosed with ALS. She had a husband and an almost 3-year-old son. She contacted the show because she wanted some help documenting her life. She wanted to leave something for her son so that he would know about her, know how much she loved him. It was so heartbreaking to watch. This woman knows her disease is fatal. She knows that she may not see her son grow up. And she was so afraid that he wouldn't remember her.
In the past when I'd think about death, it wasn't something that really frightened me a whole lot. I just tended to not think about it much. But now that I have a child, it scares me to death to think about her losing a parent. I have no reasons to worry, but thinking about that kind of stuff makes me want to take better care of myself. It makes me want to be more careful when I drive. All that stuff, you know? Anyhoo, that's enough depressing stuff for now.
I'll say, "What, Em?"
"Momma!"
"What?!"
"I too, Momma." Which makes me melt because that's how she says I love you. Somehow I love you too is too much of a mouthful. And she doesn't understand that you don't need to say the "too" unless you're saying it back. Whatever. That makes it more cute.
I remember someone from the boards saying to just wait til the first time they say I love you on their own without you saying it first. I remember when just a kiss brought me near tears.
Speaking of kisses, yesterday she was snubbing my requests for a kiss all day. At dinner I had said, "Can I have a kiss?" She puts her head to the side and closes her eyes and tells me no. So I say, "Ok. I really miss your kisses, though." All of a sudden she looks up, put her arms up, and says, "Hug, Momma?" So I get a hug, followed by a kiss as well.
I think Em can tell that I haven't been feeling well. Sometimes she'll come and snuggle with me on the couch and say, "You ok, Momma?" I feel bad because we've been pretty housebound for most of the week. I just haven't been feeling up to a lot. Em doesn't seem to mind, though. She really goes with the flow.
She was so excited to be out of the house yesterday that she was golden in Hallmark, a place I never take her. But I really needed to get out. I figured we'd see how she'd do. She'd look at all the teddy bears, bent over with her hands on her knees. "Wow!" she'd say. It doesn't take much to impress her. I'm sure the women working there were dreading us coming in when she saw the 1 and 1/2 year-old. But she made sure to comment on how good Emily was when we were leaving. I thanked her, then Emily looked up and said, "Tank Chu! Bye bye!" She's a charmer, my child.
I don't know if anyone has checked out the new Jane Pauley Show. I caught it the other day (I think it was Wednesday's episode, but I'm not positive) and I spent the hour just sobbing. The pregnancy hormones don't help, I'm sure. Anyway, there was a woman on the show that had been diagnosed with ALS. She had a husband and an almost 3-year-old son. She contacted the show because she wanted some help documenting her life. She wanted to leave something for her son so that he would know about her, know how much she loved him. It was so heartbreaking to watch. This woman knows her disease is fatal. She knows that she may not see her son grow up. And she was so afraid that he wouldn't remember her.
In the past when I'd think about death, it wasn't something that really frightened me a whole lot. I just tended to not think about it much. But now that I have a child, it scares me to death to think about her losing a parent. I have no reasons to worry, but thinking about that kind of stuff makes me want to take better care of myself. It makes me want to be more careful when I drive. All that stuff, you know? Anyhoo, that's enough depressing stuff for now.

1 Comments:
your post made me go 'awwww' and get a little misty. Em sounds like a complete sweetie!
My uncle is in the final stages of ALS...it's really sad. I hope all the work going into gene research will keep our kids from having to deal with these debilitating diseases. Maybe our grandchildren will live 2-3 times as long as we do...even longer. I love living in this era; it would be nice to see where science takes us in another century!
Post a Comment
<< Home