Friday, September 10, 2004

To go out or not go out...

My 2 SILs are planning a girls' night out for dinner tonight for SIL #1's 30th birthday. The only people going besides my SILs and me are 2 girls they work with. The restaurant also has a bar, so I know that it will be the 4 of them talking about work and drinking. 1) I don't feel like going out when I know they'll probably just talk about work the whole time (that's what both SILs do anyway when it's just the 3 of us). 2) They will be drinking and I don't feel like hanging out at a smoky bar.
If I go I'll probably just go for dinner and then come home. They're not going out until 8pm, which is when I've been ready for bed the past couple of weeks. I'm just so tired. I was thinking of skipping it altogether, but Jim is pushing for me to go out and have a good time sans toddler. I'd actually rather go out shopping for fall shoes for Emily.

Not much exciting going on otherwise. Earlier I told Emily to come over to me so I could change her diaper. She looked at me and said, "Nope!" I couldn't help but laugh. I'm used to the "no" but "nope" is a new one. It just sounds so cute coming out of her mouth. That'll wear off, I'm sure.

I'm glad it's the weekend. It's not like I'm working out of the home and get the weekend off. But it's so much easier to get things done when Jim's home and there are 2 sets of hands. He's really been pitching in a lot since the m/s hit.

2 Comments:

Blogger dscokween said...

I'd take an earlier time, do some shoppping, go to dinner, and then skip the bar thing. Dinner could be fun. I've noticed when I go out with Mike and the guys from lunch, they geek out on computer things that bore me sometimes. I let them talk for a little while, then I bring up some topic that I know will get them going on a different topic that interests us all. Maybe it's a movie, or a tv show you all watch, or the fact that Pink is the New Black...who knows.

I vote go for a while and have fun...and get shoes if you can.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Amy J said...

Go out early and do some shoe shopping. And then let me know where you find some cute shoes! After shopping go to dinner with your SIL's. You will probably have fun at least through the meal. Then head home when it turns to drinking and crawl in bed.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home