Thursday, September 16, 2004

"Color too, Mama!"

Today was a rainy day. So we colored. And colored. And colored. That's all Emily wanted to do all day. And God forbid she color alone. God forbid I put down the crayon for a second. She was yelling at me, "Color too, Mama! You color too!!" I'd be coloring a very pretty picture in the coloring book and Emily kept turning the pages. Drove me nuts. You know what else drives me nuts? Coloring with those chunky Crayola crayons. They are too big and chunky to stay inside the lines. Here I am, 25 years old, and it bothered me that I couldn't color perfectly in the lines of a coloring book.

Jim had a soccer game tonight. We usually go, but it had been raining, so we skipped it. I'd been craving fast food for a few days now, so we had Burger King for dinner. The whole way home with our food Emily is saying, "Chicken! Ketchup! Chicken!" Then she starts calling the chicken like it's going to fly out of the bag and land in her carseat. "Chiiiiiiiickeeeeeen!!!!!"

On a whole other topic, I'm about to kill my cats. Well, one of them anyway, I just don't know which one. My cats are 14 and 12. Don't get me wrong. I love my cats. They've always been very good and they've never had any problems. They tend to shed so much that I feel like I'm going to trip over cat hair, but that's not their fault. What is their fault is the cat pee I have found by our back door the past 2 mornings. Ugh. The last thing I need/want is for my house to smell like cat pee. I called the vet this morning and they're both going in for check-ups on Saturday. I have a feeling that this is going to cost me a pretty penny because it's been a loooong time since they've been to the vet. I know, I'm an irresponsible pet owner, don't even say it. I'm probably going to be in the same boat as Amy - I'm sure they both need their teeth cleaned. Hopefully the urinating outside of the litterbox is something simple that can be treated with medication. I've never had pets this old, so (as depressing as it sounds) I've kind of been waiting for something to crop up with them health-wise. I've never had to deal with a pet getting old. When I was younger we had indoor/outdoor cats. One got hit by a car and another ran away. 14 and 12 is a long time to have a pet. We got Pookie when I was 11 years old, and Molly was one of her kittens. Anyway, hopefully it's nothing serious. And not too expensive to fix, too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home