Sad news
We got some terrible news last night. A close friend of Jim's family passed away last night. He was on a bicycle tour, riding around to the wineries in the area. We don't have a lot of details, but it sounds like he was ahead of everyone, waiting for people to catch up, when a car hit him. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, and then was life-flighted to Cleveland. All we know so far is that he had a collapsed lung and a lot of internal bleeding. They just couldn't save him. I think he was only in his fifties.
This man was so involved in our community. He volunteered with so many things, especially our community's soccer league. He also played soccer on Jim's men's league. Jim's parents were especially close to him, so I'm sure they will be coming into town in the next couple of days.
He leaves behind 3 grown children. One of them is a son with Down's Syndrome. I can't help but think about how this will affect him. I don't think his mom has been as involved in his life as his father was. He also leaves behind a daughter who is due in December with what would be his first grandchild.
I just feel so bad for his family. We don't have details on when or where services will be held yet, but I hope it's a big place - I know there will be a huge turnout.
Jim and I couldn't sleep after getting the news around midnight. Then just as we were falling asleep, Emily kept waking up. She had a pretty rough night. For some reason she just couldn't sleep. So here it is 8:30 in the morning and I'm the only one up. I've only gotten about 4 or 5 hours of sleep. But I'm just wide awake.
This man was so involved in our community. He volunteered with so many things, especially our community's soccer league. He also played soccer on Jim's men's league. Jim's parents were especially close to him, so I'm sure they will be coming into town in the next couple of days.
He leaves behind 3 grown children. One of them is a son with Down's Syndrome. I can't help but think about how this will affect him. I don't think his mom has been as involved in his life as his father was. He also leaves behind a daughter who is due in December with what would be his first grandchild.
I just feel so bad for his family. We don't have details on when or where services will be held yet, but I hope it's a big place - I know there will be a huge turnout.
Jim and I couldn't sleep after getting the news around midnight. Then just as we were falling asleep, Emily kept waking up. She had a pretty rough night. For some reason she just couldn't sleep. So here it is 8:30 in the morning and I'm the only one up. I've only gotten about 4 or 5 hours of sleep. But I'm just wide awake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home