What happened to September?
I can't believe it's already October. Where has the time gone? I got all our Halloween stuff out, including a ceramic jack-o-lantern that lights up. Emily loves it and shouts "Pumpkin!" everytime she sees it. She loves when I turn it on. We're going to go pick out pumpkins this afternoon after Em gets up from her nap. The way she's been so interested in them these days, I think she'll have a really good time. I'm hoping to get some good pictures of her. One of my all-time favorite pictures of her is from last year's pumpkin patch. I even took it back out and put it on our fireplace mantel for the time being.
Emily surprised us today. It ended up being kind of funny. I was getting lunch ready, and while they were waiting, Jim was giving Emily piggyback rides up and down the hallway. Lunch was about set, so Jim stopped. Emily cried like her heart was broken. We kind of rolled our eyes at the fakeness of it all, and figured she'd calm down and come eat when she was ready. I think Jim was ready to go get her, but I told him to just let her be and let her work out her little fit. She ended up walking straight to her room. I looked in on her after a couple of minutes and she had crawled into her bed, stuck the binky in her mouth, and covered herself up with her Nemo blanket. We were both really surprised because she's never done anything like that before. I was starting to think she was going to fall asleep on her own (which she has never done) since it had been awhile and I knew she was tired. But after awhile she came out and was ready for lunch.
I was glad that she worked through it on her own without throwing a full-blown tantrum. When she came out for lunch she was happy as could be. Silly girl...
Emily surprised us today. It ended up being kind of funny. I was getting lunch ready, and while they were waiting, Jim was giving Emily piggyback rides up and down the hallway. Lunch was about set, so Jim stopped. Emily cried like her heart was broken. We kind of rolled our eyes at the fakeness of it all, and figured she'd calm down and come eat when she was ready. I think Jim was ready to go get her, but I told him to just let her be and let her work out her little fit. She ended up walking straight to her room. I looked in on her after a couple of minutes and she had crawled into her bed, stuck the binky in her mouth, and covered herself up with her Nemo blanket. We were both really surprised because she's never done anything like that before. I was starting to think she was going to fall asleep on her own (which she has never done) since it had been awhile and I knew she was tired. But after awhile she came out and was ready for lunch.
I was glad that she worked through it on her own without throwing a full-blown tantrum. When she came out for lunch she was happy as could be. Silly girl...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home