Busy weekend
Well, the new fish tank is all set up. Emily is loving her new goldfish "Nemo" that her Mema brought over for her last night. We headed out to WalMart this morning and got a nice little 2.5 gallon tank, some food, gravel, and plastic plants. The tank came with a filter, water conditioner, and a couple of other essentials. Nemo will move into his new home tomorrow after the filter runs for awhile.
We also went to Home Depot and got some shelves for the laundry room. The room is finally painted and put back together. Jim got the bigger shelf up, now all that's left is the shelf for above the washer and dryer. I also need to do quite a bit of organization, but it still looks a helluva lot better. I even have stuff on the walls. I told Jim "We've lived here for 2 years... Why does it take us forever to get things done?!"
Speaking of organization, I should be in Emily's room getting some things organized in there. A friend came over yesterday with some more hand-me-downs for Em and I still have things from her last visit that need packed away for next year. There are also a lot of afghans and baby-ish blankets in Em's closet that are hardly used. I just need to go through stuff and organize... I have to be in the mood to do that kind of stuff too. My own closet needs some work. I still have maternity clothes that need to be put in drawers and hung up, and the clothes that aren't going to fit me for awhile need to be moved as well.
It's been a busy weekend so far. It feels good to get things done. We'll be starting on the office/new baby's room soon too. That's going to be a job in itself, but I think if we start now it won't be so bad.
We also went to Home Depot and got some shelves for the laundry room. The room is finally painted and put back together. Jim got the bigger shelf up, now all that's left is the shelf for above the washer and dryer. I also need to do quite a bit of organization, but it still looks a helluva lot better. I even have stuff on the walls. I told Jim "We've lived here for 2 years... Why does it take us forever to get things done?!"
Speaking of organization, I should be in Emily's room getting some things organized in there. A friend came over yesterday with some more hand-me-downs for Em and I still have things from her last visit that need packed away for next year. There are also a lot of afghans and baby-ish blankets in Em's closet that are hardly used. I just need to go through stuff and organize... I have to be in the mood to do that kind of stuff too. My own closet needs some work. I still have maternity clothes that need to be put in drawers and hung up, and the clothes that aren't going to fit me for awhile need to be moved as well.
It's been a busy weekend so far. It feels good to get things done. We'll be starting on the office/new baby's room soon too. That's going to be a job in itself, but I think if we start now it won't be so bad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home