Thursday, October 14, 2004

Flu shots and cake decorating

Well, Emily handled her flu shot like such a trooper. I was so proud of her. She cried really quick, but stopped as soon as I picked her up. The nurse said, "What a brave girl you are! You're all done!" Emily smiled really big at her, with fresh tears still on her face, and said, "Yeah! All done!" It was so funny. She waved bye to the nurse and yelled "Bye!!!" on the way out. She didn't utter a peep after that. She was more interested with her purple bandaid with the dinosaurs. And she didn't even ask for her binky. That surprised me.
I'm glad I got her in when I did. I guess as of today all the leftover flu vaccines are being shipped off to the senior center. I know it's important for the seniors to get the flu shot, but what about the babies? Especially the babies that are more at risk? The nurse said we got in just in time.

Cake decorating went well last night. My cake actually turned out pretty good. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it before I shipped 3/4 of it off to work with Jim. Oh well.
Amy, I really enjoy the cake decorating class. I do take it at Michael's. It's normally $25 per session (with 4 classes in a session), but watch for the deals. They have them pretty often. This month the class was free when you bought the $20 kit, which you have to have for the class anyway. The thing I wasn't aware of is that you do have to buy a few other things as you go. It's not that big of a deal, but it would have been nice to know up front. The kit comes with a couple decorating bags, the decorating tips you'll need, a book, and a few odds and ends. Let me know if you have any other questions about it. It's a good reason to get out of the house, and Jim likes getting a cake every week. :)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home