Damn roses...
This cake decorating stuff was easy until it came time to learn the roses. It took me awhile to really get the hang of it. We need to take 5-7 of them into class tomorrow night. After Emily went down for a nap I surprisingly whipped out 6 of them with no problem. They are far from perfect, but they are much better than the ones I did last week. Those were pitiful.
Tomorrow night's class is our last for the first session. I'm not sure if I'm doing session 2 or not. I find myself getting easily flustered with the flowers, and that's most of what session 2 is made up of - more flowers. I know it takes practice, but I just don't have the time lately. Or I don't want to make the time... Who knows. I learned some good basics, though, so I may be happy with that for now. Oh, and I'm really tired of cake. I am all for some good sweets these days, but I don't even want to look at cake. Plus, I like the store-bought frosting better than what we have to make for class. It's creamier and there are so many more flavors. This stuff I make every week is getting boring.
Emily had her last storytime of the session this morning. All the kids looked so cute in their costumes. I'm glad Emily is getting some wear out of hers (she's wearing it to Daddy's work on Friday, too, in addition to Halloween), but I hope she's not tired of it by Sunday.
After storytime, a few moms and I were talking about how it would be nice to get the kids together, especially since storytime doesn't start up again until January. So there are 4 of us who are going to take turns hosting a playgroup at our houses. We exchanged numbers and we plan to meet at storytime's usual time, seeing that we know we're all free then anyway. I'm really looking forward to it, and I think all of us will get along pretty well.
Em's been talking in her sleep lately. The other night she was crying a lot. I think she had a bad dream. So after the crying tapered off, I said, "Are you okay, baby?" She groggily said in a very sweet voice, "I okay, Momma..." It was so cute.
When we're in the car, Emily is always saying "GO!" when we get to a stoplight. So we've been telling her we stop on red, etc. Last night she exclaimed, "Green means go!" I looked over and she was out like a light. Jim and I just laughed.
Well, as soon as Em wakes up we're headed out to the grocery store. It's bad to shop on an empty stomach, but when am I really full these days?
Tomorrow night's class is our last for the first session. I'm not sure if I'm doing session 2 or not. I find myself getting easily flustered with the flowers, and that's most of what session 2 is made up of - more flowers. I know it takes practice, but I just don't have the time lately. Or I don't want to make the time... Who knows. I learned some good basics, though, so I may be happy with that for now. Oh, and I'm really tired of cake. I am all for some good sweets these days, but I don't even want to look at cake. Plus, I like the store-bought frosting better than what we have to make for class. It's creamier and there are so many more flavors. This stuff I make every week is getting boring.
Emily had her last storytime of the session this morning. All the kids looked so cute in their costumes. I'm glad Emily is getting some wear out of hers (she's wearing it to Daddy's work on Friday, too, in addition to Halloween), but I hope she's not tired of it by Sunday.
After storytime, a few moms and I were talking about how it would be nice to get the kids together, especially since storytime doesn't start up again until January. So there are 4 of us who are going to take turns hosting a playgroup at our houses. We exchanged numbers and we plan to meet at storytime's usual time, seeing that we know we're all free then anyway. I'm really looking forward to it, and I think all of us will get along pretty well.
Em's been talking in her sleep lately. The other night she was crying a lot. I think she had a bad dream. So after the crying tapered off, I said, "Are you okay, baby?" She groggily said in a very sweet voice, "I okay, Momma..." It was so cute.
When we're in the car, Emily is always saying "GO!" when we get to a stoplight. So we've been telling her we stop on red, etc. Last night she exclaimed, "Green means go!" I looked over and she was out like a light. Jim and I just laughed.
Well, as soon as Em wakes up we're headed out to the grocery store. It's bad to shop on an empty stomach, but when am I really full these days?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home