The final cake
Well, I'm done with session 1 of cake decorating. I'm definitely glad I took the classes, but I'm tired of cake at this point. Although, I made a spice cake for the final cake, and that's one of my favorites. I think it's the frosting we have to make that I'm really tired of.
I was debating whether or not I was going to take session 2, but I'm leaning towards taking it now. I could either start next Tuesday, or wait until January. I think I'll take a break for a bit and start back in after the holidays. The good news (well, bad for Jim) is that we don't have to take a cake each week. Basically we work on flowers every week. A lot of flowers, I'm told. Then we save the flowers that we work on until the last week. That last week is when we bring a cake, add our flowers, and decorate it some more.
The only flowers we learned with session one were the dreaded roses and sweet peas. Here's the finished cake. Don't laugh.
The final cake
I was debating whether or not I was going to take session 2, but I'm leaning towards taking it now. I could either start next Tuesday, or wait until January. I think I'll take a break for a bit and start back in after the holidays. The good news (well, bad for Jim) is that we don't have to take a cake each week. Basically we work on flowers every week. A lot of flowers, I'm told. Then we save the flowers that we work on until the last week. That last week is when we bring a cake, add our flowers, and decorate it some more.
The only flowers we learned with session one were the dreaded roses and sweet peas. Here's the finished cake. Don't laugh.
The final cake

1 Comments:
The cake is beautiful! I've been considering the cake class at our craft store, Michaels, but haven't done it yet. So far I'm winging it - and I just volunteered to make a tiered christmas tree cake for our Mother's club party! Yikes! So if you get to those - let me know! hahahaha Nice work!
Post a Comment
<< Home