Operation Goodbye (daytime) Binky
So we need to work on getting rid of the binky during the day. I don't know how/why Emily has become so attached to it during the day, but I really don't like to see her walking around with it. When she tries to talk with it in her mouth I'll say "I can't understand you with the binky in your mouth..." She promptly removes it, tells me what she needs to, and then pops it back in. I don't mind it at night, and don't even want to think about going the night without it! But I just don't feel like she should need it during the day. I mean, it's not like she has it all day or anything. But I really want to work on only using it for bedtimes and car rides. Most of the time she will cry and throw a fit if I don't give it to her when she asks for it. And to be honest, I'm just too tired to listen to her scream. There. I said it. It's just too easy to stick that "plug" into her mouth. Ugh.
Today went okay. I was able to keep her distracted for quite a bit until it was time to start making dinner. So I put on her Charlie Brown Halloween movie and she immediately asked for the beloved binky. I gave it to her.
I'm thinking this may be a better job for a weekend when Jim is home too. I also think that if the next baby uses one, we will stick to bedtime-only use a lot earlier. I know it's a lot harder the older they get. And I know the only way to do it is cold turkey at this point.
I noticed today that my belly is starting to get in the way of things. It's hard to believe I'm only 15 weeks along. I was reaching for something on a shelf earlier and I realized my belly kept hitting the counter. I couldn't reach what I needed. Too funny.
I really love this stage of pregnancy. I love looking pregnant. I'm finally feeling really good (if you don't count the tired part). So much so that I easily forget that I'm pregnant. Until I look down, that is.
We had a good weekend. Saturday was spent getting some things done around the house. That night we went to a Halloween party with some people from Jim's work. We had a good time. Emily had such a good time with my mom and dad that she woke up asking for them the next morning.
Halloween was a lot of fun. We had my mom and dad and Jim's brother and sisters over for dinner. Everyone was coming over to see Emily in her costume anyway, so I figured I'd cook.
After dinner I got Emily dressed in her costume. She was so cute as she ran out of her room and into the living room to show off to everyone. She yelled "LOOK!" She was so proud. She really enjoyed trick-or-treating too. She was a little nervous at some houses, and then turned into a charmer at others. I was proud as she said all her thank you's. I was so glad she had a good time. This is when all the holidays start getting fun.
Today went okay. I was able to keep her distracted for quite a bit until it was time to start making dinner. So I put on her Charlie Brown Halloween movie and she immediately asked for the beloved binky. I gave it to her.
I'm thinking this may be a better job for a weekend when Jim is home too. I also think that if the next baby uses one, we will stick to bedtime-only use a lot earlier. I know it's a lot harder the older they get. And I know the only way to do it is cold turkey at this point.
I noticed today that my belly is starting to get in the way of things. It's hard to believe I'm only 15 weeks along. I was reaching for something on a shelf earlier and I realized my belly kept hitting the counter. I couldn't reach what I needed. Too funny.
I really love this stage of pregnancy. I love looking pregnant. I'm finally feeling really good (if you don't count the tired part). So much so that I easily forget that I'm pregnant. Until I look down, that is.
We had a good weekend. Saturday was spent getting some things done around the house. That night we went to a Halloween party with some people from Jim's work. We had a good time. Emily had such a good time with my mom and dad that she woke up asking for them the next morning.
Halloween was a lot of fun. We had my mom and dad and Jim's brother and sisters over for dinner. Everyone was coming over to see Emily in her costume anyway, so I figured I'd cook.
After dinner I got Emily dressed in her costume. She was so cute as she ran out of her room and into the living room to show off to everyone. She yelled "LOOK!" She was so proud. She really enjoyed trick-or-treating too. She was a little nervous at some houses, and then turned into a charmer at others. I was proud as she said all her thank you's. I was so glad she had a good time. This is when all the holidays start getting fun.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home