Friday, November 12, 2004

A bad sign?

Is it a bad sign when your vacuum cleaner just shuts off automatically? I have known it was on it's way out for awhile now. It was sounding really bad, but at least it still picked things up ok. Jim took it apart last weekend and couldn't find anything wrong as far as the belt was concerned, so he guessed the motor was dying. Well, now it's dying. I was going around the living room when it all of a sudden turned off, then went back on after a few more seconds. At first I thought maybe the plug had come loose from the outlet, but that was fine. Then it did it 2 more times. Yep. Dead.
I was just looking at vacuum cleaners at the store the other day. I guess we'll be heading out this weekend to get a new one. I can't be without one for very long - the cat hair will literally take over the house. I'd love to get a really nice one like the Dyson, but we don't have $400 to spend on a vacuum cleaner. I'm not sure what we'll get, but I definitely want another bagless one.

Speaking of things dying, Emily's goldfish bit the dust a couple of days ago. It appeared he had gotten Ick (white spots on his fins), so I went out and got some medicine to put in the tank. I think I waited too long, though. He just kept looking worse and worse, so I knew it was just a matter of time.
Emily has not noticed. The fish was cool for about a week or so, but the novelty quickly wore off, as I suspected it would. But now that we have this nice tank and all the accessories, we'll give it another go. In a way, I don't really want to deal with a fish, but it seems like such a waste to have this new tank. Goldfish are like 30 cents or something like that. So we'll see.

I also need to go out and get Em some cold medicine for bedtime. She started sounding stuffy a couple of days ago, and the past two nights have been tough on her. She can barely breathe through her nose. Hopefully whatever I find will help her out at night. She rarely gets colds. I've never even bought cold medicine before.
Fortunately the girl can blow her nose. Unfortunately, that is not so impressive to her anymore, so I have been chasing her with the tissues. And here I thought it would be easier once she could blow her nose. Ha. Good one.

I'm stuck in the house today waiting for the Adelphia cable guy to come turn off our cable and pick up our modem. We've had satellite for 6 or 7 months now, but we've finally switched over from cable internet to DSL. When Jim called them the other day the lady told him, "Someone will be there from 8am - 5pm on Friday. Wow, thanks for narrowing that down for us!

Been to Old Navy lately? They have a cute shirt I want to get for Em that says, "I've been good all year (mostly)." Another thing I want to run out and get. I think I have a bit of shopping to do this weekend... ;)

Gotta run. Emily is taking all of her diapers out of the package, yelling "Blues Clues!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home