Apparently it's not cool to go home with your mom. Emily and I went to my mom and dad's this morning and Emily didn't want to leave. We were there for a couple of hours and I was trying to get Em's jacket on her. She was fighting me big time, yelling "Nonononononono!!!" My mom was like, "Why don't you just leave her and we'll drop her off on our way out?" Wait. You mean... get a couple of hours to myself? Alone? In the peace and quiet? Score!
It was so funny. Em was practically pushing me out the door. "Bye Momma! See you later!" At least I got a kiss.
Unfortunately she came home spelling like this nasty perfume that my mom used to have. It came in a cute bottle that my mom has been holding onto for years. It's empty, but it still reeks. Emily loved the bottle and my mom so graciously let her keep it. And now my daughter reeks of nasty perfume. Grrreat.
We don't have much planned for the weekend. We've been ordering out a lot, especially on Fridays, so I made a point to get something yummy (and easy) for dinner today. I just threw some curly fries in the oven, and I'm getting ready to fry up some steaks. We'll have corn too. I could do without the corn, but you've gotta have veggies (if corn is really a true veggie... I hope it is because it's the only one I really tolerate).
Jim has his first indoor soccer game tonight. I'm hoping I can get my mom to stay with Emily once in awhile so I can go to a few. They're all at 10:00 on Fridays, so that's obviously waaay too late for her. Hell, that's late for me!
It was so funny. Em was practically pushing me out the door. "Bye Momma! See you later!" At least I got a kiss.
Unfortunately she came home spelling like this nasty perfume that my mom used to have. It came in a cute bottle that my mom has been holding onto for years. It's empty, but it still reeks. Emily loved the bottle and my mom so graciously let her keep it. And now my daughter reeks of nasty perfume. Grrreat.
We don't have much planned for the weekend. We've been ordering out a lot, especially on Fridays, so I made a point to get something yummy (and easy) for dinner today. I just threw some curly fries in the oven, and I'm getting ready to fry up some steaks. We'll have corn too. I could do without the corn, but you've gotta have veggies (if corn is really a true veggie... I hope it is because it's the only one I really tolerate).
Jim has his first indoor soccer game tonight. I'm hoping I can get my mom to stay with Emily once in awhile so I can go to a few. They're all at 10:00 on Fridays, so that's obviously waaay too late for her. Hell, that's late for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home