Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Emily and her little friends

We had playgroup at our house today. It was so much fun. Two of Emily's friends came and it was so stinkin' cute to watch them play. Emily and her friend Emma were playing in the kitchen and all of a sudden we heard giggling. The two girls were laying on the kitchen floor, peeking at each other through the kitchen chairs. It's so nice to have other kids around for Emily to play with. We all had a really good time. Emily and Emma even hugged each other goodbye. Too much cuteness, I'm telling you... :)

The morning wouldn't be complete without a visit from the crazy neighbor across the street. As I'm letting the moms and kids in the door (out of the cold 30 degree weather, I might add), my neighbor rushes up to tell me about her daughter's birthday party. She was literally interrupting me from welcoming everyone in. I'm trying to say hi to everyone and let everyone in the door, and crazy neighbor is blabbering on and on. I felt like I was talking to a child. She claimed her 5-year-old daughter wanted to invite Emily to McDonald's for her birthday. I feel sorry for her kids, but there's no way we're going. She said, "Well, I don't want to interrupt," (um, too late!) "so I'll bring an invitation over later." It didn't matter to her that I said we had plans.

Our power went out last night, just as I was in the middle of my book. It was off from about 6:45 or so until 10:00pm. Right as I was in the middle of The DaVinci Code. It's not a book I thought I would get into, but a mom from playgroup recommended it and loaned me her copy. It's really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home