Saturday, November 13, 2004

My new toy

I have run out of rooms to vacuum. Literally. You know you're a grown-up (and an odd one, at that) when you wake up on a Saturday morning, excited to vacuum.
My mom came and stayed with Emily last night so I could go to Jim's indoor soccer game. So we left a bit early to go out and look for a new vacuum. We ended up getting a Eureka Boss - a bagless with a really nifty spin duster that attaches on board. It is awesome. I love it. I told Jim that our floors and upholstry will be the cleanest ever for about a week... until the novelty wears off. ;)
We also picked up a Sit n' Spin for Emily for Christmas. It's difficult to keep Christmas presents a secret when you're so excited to give them out. I can't wait to see Em on the Sit n' Spin. Heck, Jim's all ready to try it out.
I was telling Jim that any gifts that need assembly should probably be put together before we wrap them. I can see us Christmas morning, struggling to get things together so Em can try them out. Plus, I don't think Emily would get as excited about a box. She wouldn't have any idea what it is.
We don't have too many more things to get for Em. I need to think of some more stocking stuffer ideas. I'm really in a Christmas shopping mood. I'm going to see if my mom will take Em some weekend soon so Jim and I can head out and finish up stuff for her.

I'm glad we went out and got the vacuum last night. I'm in no shape to go out today. Emily and I have both come down with colds. Emily is mostly just stuffy, but I could tell she wasn't feeling well before she went down for her nap. I think she's feeling better now. She's parked herself in front of the tv to watch Oobi. It's been a lazy afternoon. I tired myself out from all that cleaning this morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home