Well it seems Emily and I are pretty much over our colds. Just some lingering congestion and coughing. Unfortunately it seems it's Jim's turn now. I knew it was just a matter of time.
I went back and forth over whether or not to go to our playgroup yesterday, and I'm glad we ended up going. Em seemed so much better. As soon as we got there I let the moms know that we almost didn't come and that Emily was getting over a cold. They both brushed it off right away, saying not to worry about it. I haven't known them all that long, so I didn't know how they were about that kind of stuff. It seems we're all on the same page. We all get along so well. I can see us being friends for a long time. All 3 of our kids will be going to the same school and starting at the same time, which will be nice too. And as of next April, we'll all have second children one year of age and under.
Em and I kept busy yesterday. After her nap we headed out for the afternoon. First I had to drop off our cable modem at the Adelphia office. I waited around all last Friday because they were supposed to pick it up from our house. Jim called Monday morning to complain, and the woman said, "Yeah, you're better off just dropping it off..." Well why didn't they say that before?! I was all set to drop it off anyway. So that's taken care of and we're finally done with the damn cable company. Good riddance.
Then we went to WalMart to get $12 back for the Sit n' Spin we just bought. They matched KMart's sale price of $9.49, which is quite the bargain.
Lastly, we went to Old Navy to get Emily some new socks and a cute shirt. I got the one that says, "I've been good all year (mostly)." I want to take pictures of her in it and make them into Christmas cards.
Today will probably seem quite boring in comparison since we have nothing planned. While somedays it's nice to veg around the house, I don't mind having things to run around for. It gives us a reason to get out. And now that it's cold outside, the park isn't a great idea.
I put Emily in her new shirt today and I took some pictures for the heck of it. Everytime the flash would go off she'd crack up and say "I cute!" Oh, how modest she is...
I went back and forth over whether or not to go to our playgroup yesterday, and I'm glad we ended up going. Em seemed so much better. As soon as we got there I let the moms know that we almost didn't come and that Emily was getting over a cold. They both brushed it off right away, saying not to worry about it. I haven't known them all that long, so I didn't know how they were about that kind of stuff. It seems we're all on the same page. We all get along so well. I can see us being friends for a long time. All 3 of our kids will be going to the same school and starting at the same time, which will be nice too. And as of next April, we'll all have second children one year of age and under.
Em and I kept busy yesterday. After her nap we headed out for the afternoon. First I had to drop off our cable modem at the Adelphia office. I waited around all last Friday because they were supposed to pick it up from our house. Jim called Monday morning to complain, and the woman said, "Yeah, you're better off just dropping it off..." Well why didn't they say that before?! I was all set to drop it off anyway. So that's taken care of and we're finally done with the damn cable company. Good riddance.
Then we went to WalMart to get $12 back for the Sit n' Spin we just bought. They matched KMart's sale price of $9.49, which is quite the bargain.
Lastly, we went to Old Navy to get Emily some new socks and a cute shirt. I got the one that says, "I've been good all year (mostly)." I want to take pictures of her in it and make them into Christmas cards.
Today will probably seem quite boring in comparison since we have nothing planned. While somedays it's nice to veg around the house, I don't mind having things to run around for. It gives us a reason to get out. And now that it's cold outside, the park isn't a great idea.
I put Emily in her new shirt today and I took some pictures for the heck of it. Everytime the flash would go off she'd crack up and say "I cute!" Oh, how modest she is...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home