Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I am currently waiting for a pan of Rice Krispie treats to cool. I've been craving them for awhile now, so I bought a bag of marshmellows today. Mmm... And Emily has discovered that she loves marshmellows. The kid's never had one before. She's so sheltered.

I'm so ready for Thanksgiving. I'm making 2 pumpkin pies tomorrow - one for my family's house, and one for Jim's family's. Holidays are the only time my family ever gets together. And we all live within an hour of each other. I see my parents at least 2-3 times a week since they only live 5 minutes away. But my brothers all keep busy and none of us really make the effort to get together. I thought it would change a bit once Emily was born, but she doesn't even really know who 2 out of 3 of my brothers are. So we all look forward to the holidays around here.
Jim's family is kind of the opposite. While my family hardly gets together, his brother and sisters are to the other extreme. When his parents were still living in town we'd all get together for Sunday dinner every week. Now his sisters will have a Sunday dinner occasionally, but not quite as often.

Well, I can't think of much else of interest. I'm going to go check on those Rice Krispie treats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home