My little girl is turning 2...
I can't believe she'll be 2 years old tomorrow. Where has the time gone?
Jim was talking to Emily this morning, trying to convince her to stay one. She looked at him and said, "I two, Daddy," and she held up one finger on each hand.
She's looking and acting more grown up all the time. It seems like we spend the first few months of their lives waiting for them to do something new, and looking forward to the milestones. Now I just wish she'd slow down.
I'm so proud of her. She's such a sweet and kind little girl. She makes me feel like I've done something right.
We're having family over tomorrow evening for dinner and cake. Our little house will be packed, but it should be a good time. I'm glad that so many people are going to be able to make it.
I decided to go with easy stuff for dinner. I'm making baked ziti, and I bought pre-packaged salad and frozen garlic bread. I don't want to be stressing about feeding and entertaining 20+ people, so we're going the easy route. I even bought some of those heavy duty Chinet plates so I don't have to worry about dishes. I just want to have a good time and hang out with everyone.
The only thing left to do (other than a lot of last minute cleaning) is make up a batch of cupcakes. The Nemo cake I made seems sort of small, so I figured I'd play it safe. Oh, and we also have to move the Christmas stuff out into the garage. I've taken most everything down, but it's all still sitting in the kitchen.
Jim was talking to Emily this morning, trying to convince her to stay one. She looked at him and said, "I two, Daddy," and she held up one finger on each hand.
She's looking and acting more grown up all the time. It seems like we spend the first few months of their lives waiting for them to do something new, and looking forward to the milestones. Now I just wish she'd slow down.
I'm so proud of her. She's such a sweet and kind little girl. She makes me feel like I've done something right.
We're having family over tomorrow evening for dinner and cake. Our little house will be packed, but it should be a good time. I'm glad that so many people are going to be able to make it.
I decided to go with easy stuff for dinner. I'm making baked ziti, and I bought pre-packaged salad and frozen garlic bread. I don't want to be stressing about feeding and entertaining 20+ people, so we're going the easy route. I even bought some of those heavy duty Chinet plates so I don't have to worry about dishes. I just want to have a good time and hang out with everyone.
The only thing left to do (other than a lot of last minute cleaning) is make up a batch of cupcakes. The Nemo cake I made seems sort of small, so I figured I'd play it safe. Oh, and we also have to move the Christmas stuff out into the garage. I've taken most everything down, but it's all still sitting in the kitchen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home