Friday, July 08, 2005

Sleepy boy

Alex is a napping fool today. The plan was to go to the grocery store this morning. Alex woke up at 7am, took a 5oz bottle, and then was down for a nap by 8:30. I figured it'd give me enough time to shower and get dressed. Well, he napped for 2 hours. He never naps that long in the morning. So by the time he was up and fed, it was nearly Emily's lunch time. So we'll go to the store after nap. Both kiddos are zonked out right now.

Emily was very concerned about getting to the store for her free cookie, so she kept suggesting we wake Alex so we could go. I told her "We never wake a sleeping baby!" and she said, "Ohhhh... Now we go?" She also wants to make sure we get what we need to make Daddy's birthday cake. Yep, she's still talking about the cake. This morning she said, "I eat birthday cake today?!" followed by a growling request for "CHOOOCOLATE caaaaaake???"

By the way she talks you'd think she gets cake on a regular basis. Actually, she hardly gets many sweets, the deprived child. Although, she knows she can go to Mema's house and pull out a box of cake mix, and Mema will jump through hoops while making whichever cake Emily wants. Emily was trying to convince us last week that it was her birthday and Mema was making her cake. When I asked her how old she is, she answered, "Emily Grace!"

She makes me laugh so hard. I love listening to all the stuff she comes up with. Times like these make me forget the whining and the tantrums.

For a little while, anyway...

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I just noticed that you had a blog Heather. Cool. I'll have to do some catch-up. Anyhow, that is funny about Emily worrying about getting her free cookie at the store. Kenzie LOVES going to the store... yes..because of the free cookie.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home