Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's only 9am...

...and I've had the morning from hell.

Alex was up at 4am to eat, which is his usual. I laid him back down around 5am, and he was up again at 6 - wide awake. He was giving out huge smiles, so that made it worth it. I'm just so tired, though. We were up past midnight on the 4th after seeing fireworks, so I'm not caught up from that yet.

So I get up and have some Pepsi to get some caffeine in me. Emily decided she wanted to get up for the day before 6:30. And the whining began right after Jim left for work.

That's when I lose all patience. She was whining and crying because I wanted to watch 2 minutes worth of the news. She kept crying, "MY turn! When's it MY turn, Mooommmmy?! I wanna watch sumptin!" Complete with lying on the floor, kicking the feet, and tears.
Then she whined because she wanted Cheerios and oranges, but she hadn't finished her oatmeal from breakfast.
Then she had a fit because she couldn't take her shoes off (why she wanted to wear them at 7am is beyond me, but whatever).
And then she cried because Oswald wasn't coming on fast enough for her liking.

I've so had it this morning. I want to call my mom and beg her to take Emily for awhile, but my mom has helped us out quite a bit in the past week. I know she wouldn't mind in the least, but I start to feel like I'm taking advantage of her. And then I start to feel guilty for being so angry with Emily. She's only 2 and 1/2. Whining is part of being a toddler. Luckily we don't have to deal with it often. But when we do have to deal with it, it's whining and crying like the whole world is coming to an end.

Jim was out last night for a meeting, so I had both kids by myself. I don't know how parents do it when they're on their own like that on a regular basis. It was just one evening. But between that and then this morning's outbursts, I feel like I could use a break.

Ok, my whining is over now. Emily is sacked out on the couch watching Oswald and Alex is waking up from his little catnap. Gotta go make a bottle for the little guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness Heather I know just how you feel! Ben is a big whiner. I can NEVER watch tv anymore. If it's off and I am feeding Jack I'll turn it on to one of my shows and he comes and just bugs me and says its his turn. I feel so bad because he is only 2 and a half but he just does not listen and he drives me bonkers. He is going to mil's house tommorow. I feel bad for needing this break but it will be nice! I think he just needs 1 on 1 mommy time which is so hard these days. Cory has been out of town for a over a week now. It's tough doing things on mine own. I don't know how single parents can do it.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home