Tuesday, August 02, 2005

He rolled!

My not-so-little Alex rolled over yesterday! I was really surprised because I didn't think he was anywhere near ready. During our vacation a family member had asked if he was rolling yet and I was like, "Oh, no way!" Well yesterday I was in the kitchen making dinner when I looked over into the living room and Alex was on his side - a first. But he just kept rolling more and more to his left and all of a sudden he was on his belly. I don't think he was very impressed, but Emily and I cheered for him.
And then Emily spent the next 10 minutes showing me how she can roll over.

Today, on the other hand, has been one of those days where I feel like a crappy mom. Like nothing I do or say is right. Emily has been whining off and on all day long. Before her nap she even screamed in my face, which completely pissed me off. She then took a 3 hour nap. A much needed nap, obviously. I should really cut her some slack, I guess. Jim and I are still recovering from vacation, so she probably is too.
We're getting together with our playgroup this evening and I don't even feel like going. Usually I really look forward to getting together with everyone. I threatened Emily with not going after all the attitude she gave me, but all it did was make her scream louder and cry harder.

Alex was good to me today. He napped at the same time as Emily, so that meant I was able to take a nap too. Mine was obviously much needed, too. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

sounds like you are having a rough day Heather. I am sorry. you are probably all still adjusting to being back home. I am glad you got a little nap in. And CONGRATS to Alex!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home