Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The performer

Our vacuum cleaner has some on-board attachments, one of them being a yellow feather duster that I find really handy. Emily likes it as well. She grabs it everytime I go to vacuum.
Well this morning she grabbed it as usual, and then she started talking into it like a microphone. She put it up to my mouth (while I'm vacuuming, mind you) and said, "Say 'Ladies and Gentlemen'". It took me a minute to figure out what she was saying, but once I realized what she said I was cracking up. So the whole time I vacuumed, Emily was making announcements of different sorts. I don't know where she got that from, but I really need to get it on video!

I'm in the process of packing for vacation and I'm finding it a lot more difficult that last year's trip. Babies just entail a lot more stuff. And of course, I always overpack. I'm trying to stay organized. Hell, I even have lists of the lists I need to make. It's a sickness, I swear.
I came out of Emily's bedroom with her suitcase all packed and she yelled, "That for Maine?!" She told me over lunch today that "We leavin' tomorrow!" and then the sweet little thing said, "I so 'cited, Mom!" I didn't even know she knew the word excited.
I'm hoping that we can have all the suitcases packed and in the car this evening so Jim can help me get that stuff situated. Then I can deal with the other stuff on my own tomorrow. The plan is to leave tomorrow evening after Jim gets home from work. We are so ready for vacation!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Heather - have a FABULOUS trip!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

Have fun, Heather! I SOOOOO comiserate with your "list" illness. I am the same way. Somehow, if I've put it down on a list, I feel so much more in control of things. LOL!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

Have a good trip! Emily is such a ham. A cute ham that is.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home