Saturday, July 16, 2005

Where has the time gone?



I can't believe Alex is 3 months old already. Time passes way too quickly. And looking at him makes Emily seem even older.
Alex is getting to be a big boy. He's packing on those cute chunky rolls. He loves to put his hands in his mouth and he really likes watching the ceiling fans. He'll even smile at them and "talk" to them.
I always had a hard time picturing myself with a little boy and now I can't imagine life without him. He just turns me to mush.

I just rocked the little guy to sleep and laid him down in his crib. The house is completely quiet. Jim took Emily with him over to his sisters' house. He took a load of things over for their yard sale.
So now I contemplate what to do... I really need to clean up the kitchen, so that's probably what I'll start with. It's just really humid and sticky here today. I also need to start getting things ready for vacation.

Emily slept in her bed all night last night. She's been doing pretty well since we moved her into a twin bed from her toddler bed. But she still occasionally comes to bed with us, so we've been rewarding her when she stays in her room all night.
So Jim was talking to her this morning about going over to her 2 aunties' house. I swear Emily's brain moves faster than her mouth. It's so funny to watch her try and get all of her thoughts out. She talks really fast (wonder where she got that from... ha!), which leads her to stutter a bit and talk really excitedly. So she starts asking about leaving...
Em: We leaving now, Daddy? I see Auntie Kelli and Auntie Nanny? I see Kenzie, Meaghan, Matthew too?
Jim: No, Mackenzie, Meaghan, and Matthew left for Maine already. We'll see them in 4 more days.
Em: Oh! Emily go Maine! Daddy, I go fishing now? I color days (we mark the days off the calendar every night before bed) and we go in 1,2,3,4,5,6 days! I color days before I go sleep... Oh, I sleep in Emily big girl bed all night! Emily big girl! I need my sticker, please!

She just goes on and on and on sometimes. No wonder the girl still needs a nap everyday. I'd be tired if I were her, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

she sounds like such a ham. I bet she is going to have a blast in Maine. Be sure to take lots and lots of pictures. btw. Alex is so handsome. He really is a darling baby. Don't you just love baby boys :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

She sounds so cute! I think she and Anna were separated at birth - they always sound so much alike. We haven't ventured to the big girl bed just yet though. WTG Em!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home