Thursday, September 01, 2005

KMart sucks

I don't know why I bother setting foot in KMart. Well, ok I do know. Because it's the only store of it's kind within 25 miles of here. Come Christmas, I won't have to drive 25 miles away to pick up essentials like formula and diapers. We're getting our very own WalMart Supercenter here in town. I'd be much more excited over a Target, but hey, I'm trying not to be picky.

Emily loves to drive by the new WalMart site. They're pretty much finishing up the exterior now. Everytime we pass Emily yells, "There's the big store! They're workin' hard making that new store!"

So anyway, I venture out to KMart this morning to get diapers, formula, new onesies for Alex, a shower curtain liner, Spray n' Wash, and a new light bulb for our lamp in the living room. They didn't have the formula I wanted in stock. And they didn't have anything resembling the light bulb I need for the living room. At least I got a free box of Pampers wipes when I bought the big box of Pampers diapers. Free stuff is cool.

This store NEVER has anything in stock. EVER. I swear, once that new WalMart opens up, I am never setting foot into KMart again. I really doubt it will be open for long after WalMart opens anyway. There's no way they'll be able to compete.

Maybe they'll put something cool in the empty building once the close. Hmm...

Emily was a happy girl, anyway. She wanted to ride the merry-go-round in front of the store, so I told her that she could ride it if she was a good girl while I shopped. She walked along the cart the whole time, reminding me that she was being a good listener and that she was gonna get to ride that merry-go-round.
Fifty cents later, she was a little unhappy because I didn't let her ride it "one more time," but she got over it.

I bet WalMart will have better merry-go-rounds outside of their store. Ones that actually run longer than 20 seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home