Future soccer player
Emily's got a new thing. It's running around the house kicking the soccer ball, announcing that she wants to be a soccer player just like Daddy. But there's one thing she has to do first. She has to pull her socks up "like Daddy". Cracks us up everytime.
I can tell that Jim is just itching for next fall when Em can play. She's really taken a big interest lately. She loves going to Jim's soccer games. She told me the other day, "When I get bigger, I play soccer game too."
We had a pretty relaxing weekend. We went out on Saturday and bought a video camera. We got a digital JVC 270 something-or-other... I don't know much about it, except that it's little and pretty, and that it does a lot of stuff that will take me forever to figure out. :)
Saturday evening was the guys' high school alumni soccer game, so we went and watched Jim and his brother play.
On Sunday I made dinner and we had my parents over for dinner. My mom is always having us over for dinner, so I decided it was my turn to treat them. My mom's been feeling really lousy lately, so I also wanted to give her a break. Her doctor has been giving her the run-around, saying it sounds like she has arthritis, but wants her to go for physical therapy (which isn't working) and gives her nothing but Vicodin for the pain (which makes her feel like a zombie and only works for 3 hours at a time). She finally got a referral to see a rheumotologist for the end of this week. She's been in so much pain lately, so I hope they can figure out what's going on with her and do something about it.
Anyway, I made stuffed shells for dinner, along with a nice salad and garlic rolls. Then for dessert we had apple crumb pie and vanilla icecream. It was good, if I do say so myself. I even had leftovers for lunch today.
This morning I took Emily and Alex to the park. The weather has finally gotten bearable, so I jumped at the chance to go. Emily had a blast. Alex was less impressed, but he was happy anyway.

I can tell that Jim is just itching for next fall when Em can play. She's really taken a big interest lately. She loves going to Jim's soccer games. She told me the other day, "When I get bigger, I play soccer game too."
We had a pretty relaxing weekend. We went out on Saturday and bought a video camera. We got a digital JVC 270 something-or-other... I don't know much about it, except that it's little and pretty, and that it does a lot of stuff that will take me forever to figure out. :)
Saturday evening was the guys' high school alumni soccer game, so we went and watched Jim and his brother play.
On Sunday I made dinner and we had my parents over for dinner. My mom is always having us over for dinner, so I decided it was my turn to treat them. My mom's been feeling really lousy lately, so I also wanted to give her a break. Her doctor has been giving her the run-around, saying it sounds like she has arthritis, but wants her to go for physical therapy (which isn't working) and gives her nothing but Vicodin for the pain (which makes her feel like a zombie and only works for 3 hours at a time). She finally got a referral to see a rheumotologist for the end of this week. She's been in so much pain lately, so I hope they can figure out what's going on with her and do something about it.
Anyway, I made stuffed shells for dinner, along with a nice salad and garlic rolls. Then for dessert we had apple crumb pie and vanilla icecream. It was good, if I do say so myself. I even had leftovers for lunch today.
This morning I took Emily and Alex to the park. The weather has finally gotten bearable, so I jumped at the chance to go. Emily had a blast. Alex was less impressed, but he was happy anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home