And they sleep.
We had playgroup this morning, so we took a walk over to Emily's friend JD's house at 10:30. It's turned into much more than a regular ol' playgroup since we started getting together a year ago. The other 2 moms and I have become really good friends, and the kids all have a blast together. We get together once a week at each others' houses, plus we all go to storytime at the library each week.
The kids just ran around like crazy the whole time. Emily, JD, and Emma kept running away from Emma's little brother Charlie, yelling, "Watch out! Here comes Charlie!" Only Charlie wasn't really chasing them. He just looked in their direction, confused as to why they kept running away from him. It was pretty funny. And the kids were all sweaty, tired, and thirsty by the time we left at 1:15. We usually break up a little after noon, but the kids were having so much fun.
They drank tons of water and juice, plus snacked on cheese, crackers, and strawberries. So we didn't bother with lunch when we got home. Emily plopped onto the couch while I gave Alex a bottle and they both went to sleep.
We've been looking around at Halloween costumes... Emily had been talking about being a ballerina, but we'd never really mentioned much else. I think if we showed her the Nemo costume from Disney she'd be all over it. And then Alex could be Squirt! Cute cute cute!
But then we were offered Charlie's skunk costume today. It's in a 6-9 month size and says "Little Stinker" on the butt. So we'll probably go with that. Free is free, man. And it sounds cute, too.
Emily will probably still be a ballerina. She's really into that right now. I should really check into dance classes for her. I think she'd get a kick out of it.
The kids just ran around like crazy the whole time. Emily, JD, and Emma kept running away from Emma's little brother Charlie, yelling, "Watch out! Here comes Charlie!" Only Charlie wasn't really chasing them. He just looked in their direction, confused as to why they kept running away from him. It was pretty funny. And the kids were all sweaty, tired, and thirsty by the time we left at 1:15. We usually break up a little after noon, but the kids were having so much fun.
They drank tons of water and juice, plus snacked on cheese, crackers, and strawberries. So we didn't bother with lunch when we got home. Emily plopped onto the couch while I gave Alex a bottle and they both went to sleep.
We've been looking around at Halloween costumes... Emily had been talking about being a ballerina, but we'd never really mentioned much else. I think if we showed her the Nemo costume from Disney she'd be all over it. And then Alex could be Squirt! Cute cute cute!
But then we were offered Charlie's skunk costume today. It's in a 6-9 month size and says "Little Stinker" on the butt. So we'll probably go with that. Free is free, man. And it sounds cute, too.
Emily will probably still be a ballerina. She's really into that right now. I should really check into dance classes for her. I think she'd get a kick out of it.

4 Comments:
sounds like a fun morning. I can't wait to see your two in their costumes.. they will be adorable.
I love when my kid has so much fun with other kids - especially if I have a chance to bond with the moms at the same time. Sounds like a great time!
Can't wait to see the little stinker and Ballerina = and oh yes, I think Em would love dancing!
Awww the litle stinker would be a cute costume! I love play group days!
I love the sleep of a worn out child.
Post a Comment
<< Home