Bribery and Surprises
I'm trying to go through all of Emily's 2T pants and weed out what isn't going to fit her this fall and winter. She's tough to dress because she's getting taller now, but she has such a tiny waist.
I tried holding the clothes up to her, but I wasn't sure on the lengths of a few things. I convinced Emily to try a couple of things on, but she quickly grew tired of it. So I told her, "There are just a few more things to try on. If you're a big helper and try on some more clothes, I'll have a big surprise for you."
She quickly agreed, and kept reminding me with each pair of pants that she was getting a surprise.
So when we were done I went into my wallet and gave her a handful of change. Now I know that's not much of a "surprise," but Emily usually looooves getting pennies for her piggy bank.
Well, gone are the days that pennies are a "surprise". She took the pennies in her grubby little hands, looked up at me and said, "That's not a surprise!" She looked highly insulted. Then she wanted to know where her chocolate chip cookie was.
So when she came out, I gave her a small bowl of vanilla icecream since we don't have any chocolate chip cookies. I guess I better re-think things the next time I try and bribe her with a surprise...
I tried holding the clothes up to her, but I wasn't sure on the lengths of a few things. I convinced Emily to try a couple of things on, but she quickly grew tired of it. So I told her, "There are just a few more things to try on. If you're a big helper and try on some more clothes, I'll have a big surprise for you."
She quickly agreed, and kept reminding me with each pair of pants that she was getting a surprise.
So when we were done I went into my wallet and gave her a handful of change. Now I know that's not much of a "surprise," but Emily usually looooves getting pennies for her piggy bank.
Well, gone are the days that pennies are a "surprise". She took the pennies in her grubby little hands, looked up at me and said, "That's not a surprise!" She looked highly insulted. Then she wanted to know where her chocolate chip cookie was.
So when she came out, I gave her a small bowl of vanilla icecream since we don't have any chocolate chip cookies. I guess I better re-think things the next time I try and bribe her with a surprise...

4 Comments:
Oh, man, she is tough!
So cute though!
I'd take a chocolate chip cookie over pennies, too. Emily and I could be buds.
that's funny. She is demanding isn't she. lol.
We started bribery tactics ages ago! Welcome to the club. :)
Hahah I always use bribery! She's too cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home