Friday, September 16, 2005

Oh, how I love playdough.

We had another morning filled with playdough fun. Emily has been asking to watch tv a lot more than I care for, so around 9am I said, "Do you want to play with playdough?"
That girl jumped up so fast, turned the tv off without me having to tell her, and yelled, "Yeah!"

Alex was down for his morning nap, and Emily played with playdough until lunchtime, which was around 11:30. It allowed me to get a lot of stuff done around the kitchen, but I also made sure to sit down and play with her for awhile before Alex woke up. It's so easy to use that time to get stuff done around the house, but I need to remind myself that cleaning can wait. It's not everyday that I get to make pepperoni pizzas out of playdough!

I fed Alex some oatmeal and bananas when he woke up. He's doing so well with his food now. I think we'll try some applesauce or peaches tomorrow. It'll be something new, plus I'm out of bananas...
Emily pulled her doll's highchair into the kitchen and she fed her baby while I fed Alex. She's so cute. She was feeding her doll when she told me, "See Mommy, I'm a Mommy too!" She's just too much.

Emily has really been into her dolls a lot more since Alex came along. I think Santa will have to bring her some new things for her dolls. Maybe a little carseat or bouncy seat-type thing, some bottles, clothes, a diaper bag... I'm having a lot of fun coming up with ideas for her. I love that Emily is having so much fun with things that I enjoyed when I was a child.

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

awe, Em is so sweet! and yay for playdough for taking top seat over TV!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home