Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Come on in!"

It was our turn to host playgroup this morning. Usually I'll remind Emily the night before that her friends are coming over to play the next day. It had slipped my mind, though, so I didn't mention it to her until about 45 minutes before they were to show up. I couldn't believe how excited she was. I mean, Em always seems to look forward to playgroup, but especially today for some reason. She kept saying, "My friends come over today? In a little bit??"

So I see a car pull in the driveway and I tell Emily, "JD is here!" Emily looks at me very seriously and says, "Mom, you not say 'Come on in," Emily say 'Come on in, JD." I do it. Not you. 'K, Mom?"

I about knocked myself over to keep from laughing. I've never heard her tell people to "come on in" before, and I guess she's just heard me say it a handful of times.

So JD comes to the front door and Emily opens it and cheerfully says, "Come on in, JD!" Soooo cute!

What surprised me about her this morning is that she was sooo unusually outgoing. Em's generally pretty reserved. I mean, she has fun with her friends, and she's a very friendly little girl, but she can be pretty quiet sometimes. She's very shy and it takes a bit for her to warm up. But for some reason, she was just the chattiest little thing while everyone was over. I loved seeing her come out of her shell.


In Alex news, I'm about to try some different diapers with the boy. We're having some major leaking issues. It's not that he pees too much. It's that the pee goes out the side of the diaper. It seems to only happen when he's laying down. What really sucks about that is he'll wake up mid-nap and be all wet. And then he won't go back to sleep, when I know he'd normally sleep longer.

I changed his clothes 3 times today. And I'm out of clean crib sheets!

I've been using Pampers Baby Dry lately. I really like them for Emily, but they just don't seem to cut it for Alex. Looking at the diaper, there doesn't seem to be enough absorbent area in the front "boy" region, iykwim. And it doesn't matter whether I make sure to point him south or not. It all goes out the side. Ugh.

Tonight I put him in one of Emily's diapers to see if moving him up a size would make a difference, even though his diapers fit him just fine. He's in 3's and Em is in 4's. The 4's generally start out at 22 pounds. Alex was 16 pounds last month, so you'd think the 4's would be too big, but they're not. So we'll see... If a bigger size isn't the answer, I'll have to try out some other brands, or the Cruisers. I'm seriously tired of changing clothes and bedding multiple times a day!

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

Heather -
gosh Em is such a great host! so so cute. I had the same Pee problem with Ben - our solution was Huggies Overnights for the nite time... Problem solved. I guess boys either pee more - or since it is all up front - it takes a different toll on diapers :)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home