I've been so tired this past week. I think it's due to staying up later in the evenings to watch the new premieres on tv. Nip/Tuck is one that we just have to watch when it's on. We tivo quite a bit, but Nip/Tuck is one of our favorites. I also stayed up to watch ER on Thursday.
So by last night I was all tuckered out. Jim took Emily to the video store to rent Pooh's Heffalump Halloween movie, while I stayed home with Alex since it was his bottle/bedtime. By 8pm Alex was in bed, and Jim, Emily, and I snuggled up on the couch. I didn't make it past 8:30. My 2 1/2 year old stayed up later than me. Oy.
I sat up as the movie was ending and Emily said, "Did you like that movie, Mom?" I told her "I loved it!" ;)
Emily should be the tired one tonight. Jim's attempting to put her down for bed right now, but I think she's still awake. We did some running around today, so she didn't get a nap. But boy, oh boy, did she need one. We had some whining and some near-meltdowns while we were out. She conked out in the car on the way home. It was close to 4pm and she was saying, "I don't want to go to sleep. I don't need a nap..." And wouldn't you know she fell asleep.
All in all, though, she was really good while we were out. Especially for not having a nap.
Alex is an easy one to take out, too. He's just a happy little guy. He's starting to become a somewhat mobile little guy now, too. This morning he rolled halfway across the living room. I told Jim that it's just a matter of time til Alex realizes he can get to where he wants, just by rolling. Right now he just won't sit still, and before he knows what's happened, he's across the room. He's still figuring it all out. Sometimes he has some trouble getting off his tummy, and it really pisses him off when he can't get his arms out from under him. Then the screaming starts, because he just recently found his voice. Most of the time they are happy screams, but when Alex is mad about something, watch out. Those are some ear-piercing screams.
So by last night I was all tuckered out. Jim took Emily to the video store to rent Pooh's Heffalump Halloween movie, while I stayed home with Alex since it was his bottle/bedtime. By 8pm Alex was in bed, and Jim, Emily, and I snuggled up on the couch. I didn't make it past 8:30. My 2 1/2 year old stayed up later than me. Oy.
I sat up as the movie was ending and Emily said, "Did you like that movie, Mom?" I told her "I loved it!" ;)
Emily should be the tired one tonight. Jim's attempting to put her down for bed right now, but I think she's still awake. We did some running around today, so she didn't get a nap. But boy, oh boy, did she need one. We had some whining and some near-meltdowns while we were out. She conked out in the car on the way home. It was close to 4pm and she was saying, "I don't want to go to sleep. I don't need a nap..." And wouldn't you know she fell asleep.
All in all, though, she was really good while we were out. Especially for not having a nap.
Alex is an easy one to take out, too. He's just a happy little guy. He's starting to become a somewhat mobile little guy now, too. This morning he rolled halfway across the living room. I told Jim that it's just a matter of time til Alex realizes he can get to where he wants, just by rolling. Right now he just won't sit still, and before he knows what's happened, he's across the room. He's still figuring it all out. Sometimes he has some trouble getting off his tummy, and it really pisses him off when he can't get his arms out from under him. Then the screaming starts, because he just recently found his voice. Most of the time they are happy screams, but when Alex is mad about something, watch out. Those are some ear-piercing screams.

1 Comments:
what is it with these little boys and their screaming. I swear Kenzie never did that.
You are funny with your TV shows. the only show we watch is survivor and we have that Tivo'd. Actually I think I also have Martha Stewart and The Apprentic Tivo'd. Hmmm...
I hope Emily slept well for you last night.
Post a Comment
<< Home