Pee pee on the Pot-Tay!
Woo! Go Emily! Em peed on the potty tonight!
Before tonight, Emily has only peed on the potty once. She's been pretty adamant about not using it, so we've been trying not to press her too much.
Well we had playgroup this evening. I changed her diaper before we left - probably around 5:15 or so. We got home at 7:30 and I got her ready for her bath, quickly noticing that her diaper was bone dry.
So I ask, "Why don't we go sit on the potty?"
"No, I don't want to."
"What about that Nemo fork and spoon you get when you go pee pee on the potty?" Yes, I admit to bribery.
"Ok. I go on the potty now." Said like it's her own idea, of course...
Jim was wrapping up a conversation on the phone, and then was going to give Emily her bath. I left Em to herself in the bathroom, not really thinking for one second that she'd actually go. As I'm getting Alex's diaper changed, I hear, "Yeah, Daddy, I all done going pee pee!"
I raced into the hallway where Emily was standing and she was so excited. I told her how proud I was of her, and she kept jumping up and down, saying, "I did it! I go pee pee in the potty! I get my Nemo fork and spoon now!"
Then she asked for applesauce so she could use said spoon.
We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm waiting for her to start questioning what else she's gonna get for peeing in the potty. Yeah, the bribery worked, but now I'm worried she's going to expect something everytime. We'll go with stickers, and then maybe after she gets a certain amount of stickers she can get something small at the dollar store or something.
The kid's easy to please. I just wish she was as easy to pottytrain.
Alex has been kicking around in his crib for the last half an hour. He's still sleeping, but pretty restlessly.
It's going to be really chilly tonight, so I won't be surprised if our heat kicks on. I'm thinking of getting Alex one of those sleep sacks. We never used one with Emily. We just tucked the blanket into the side of the crib mattress so she wouldn't throw the blanket over her face. I do the same for Alex, but he won't keep blankets on him at all. He immediately kicks them off. It doesn't matter how sound asleep he is.
Before tonight, Emily has only peed on the potty once. She's been pretty adamant about not using it, so we've been trying not to press her too much.
Well we had playgroup this evening. I changed her diaper before we left - probably around 5:15 or so. We got home at 7:30 and I got her ready for her bath, quickly noticing that her diaper was bone dry.
So I ask, "Why don't we go sit on the potty?"
"No, I don't want to."
"What about that Nemo fork and spoon you get when you go pee pee on the potty?" Yes, I admit to bribery.
"Ok. I go on the potty now." Said like it's her own idea, of course...
Jim was wrapping up a conversation on the phone, and then was going to give Emily her bath. I left Em to herself in the bathroom, not really thinking for one second that she'd actually go. As I'm getting Alex's diaper changed, I hear, "Yeah, Daddy, I all done going pee pee!"
I raced into the hallway where Emily was standing and she was so excited. I told her how proud I was of her, and she kept jumping up and down, saying, "I did it! I go pee pee in the potty! I get my Nemo fork and spoon now!"
Then she asked for applesauce so she could use said spoon.
We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm waiting for her to start questioning what else she's gonna get for peeing in the potty. Yeah, the bribery worked, but now I'm worried she's going to expect something everytime. We'll go with stickers, and then maybe after she gets a certain amount of stickers she can get something small at the dollar store or something.
The kid's easy to please. I just wish she was as easy to pottytrain.
Alex has been kicking around in his crib for the last half an hour. He's still sleeping, but pretty restlessly.
It's going to be really chilly tonight, so I won't be surprised if our heat kicks on. I'm thinking of getting Alex one of those sleep sacks. We never used one with Emily. We just tucked the blanket into the side of the crib mattress so she wouldn't throw the blanket over her face. I do the same for Alex, but he won't keep blankets on him at all. He immediately kicks them off. It doesn't matter how sound asleep he is.

2 Comments:
Hey Heather! Congrats on the potty success! Anna was into it for awhile, and then lost all interest. I'm bribing her now too. I thought I had you on my 'Kinja' list and that you hadn't been blogging - but I just checked tonight and had so much to catch up on! :-) I enjoy reading your blog. Have fun with the potty!!
yay Em~!
Post a Comment
<< Home