How did this happen?
This potty training thing just went too smoothly. I'd consider Emily completely day trained. After the first 2 days I was wondering how long it would take for her to go on her own. Well, it took a few hours after I'd posted a question on the boards. She is now going all on her own. She will tell us, "Oh, I have to go potty!" and she runs in and does her business. She's even used the potty when we've been out running errands this weekend.
She also stayed dry all night last night, and went to the potty as soon as she woke up. As she sat there she said, "That's a loooootta pee pee, Mommy!"
I was feeling bad for Em last night because she was just devastated that she had to put a diaper on before bed. She kept saying, "But I wanna wear my big girl panties!" I tried to explain to her that she only has to wear them when she sleeps in case she has an accident in bed, and that we don't want her new pretty sheets to get wet. I put her underwear on over her diaper, and she seemed content with that.
I ended up taking her out this morning to get some Pull-ups for bedtimes. I personally don't care for Pull-ups for pottytraining, but I figured they'd feel a bit more like underwear to her since she can pull them up. I called them her "bedtime panties" and told her they were her special underwear for when she sleeps.
It's so nice to think that I don't have to buy diapers for 2 anymore.
Little Alex finally cut his first tooth. He seems a little more like himself now. His cold didn't last long, so I'm wondering if some the drainage he was having was due to his teeth moving around.
He's such a happy boy. I forgot how fun this stage was. Everything makes him laugh, and he's just so darn easy to please. He loves rolling around on the floor. He made it into the kitchen the other day, but I quickly turned him right back around. That floor is really hard. Then this morning he rolled right into our entertainment center and conked his head on the edge. He cried and cried, and the tears rolled down his face. Broke my heart.
I made Alex some sweet potatoes today. One sweet potato made what would be equal to 6 jars of stage 2 baby food. Not too shabby.
Unfortunately he didn't like it as much as the jarred, but he gobbled it down once I mixed it with some applesauce. Hey, whatever works, right?
Oh, I gave him peas for the first time yesterday and man, did he hate them! The faces he was making were priceless. I wish I would have grabbed the video camera. He even gagged on them.

Jim often says that he thinks this is the best time of our lives, and I have to agree. It's so difficult to look back 3 or 4 years ago and think of what we'd do with ourselves. I mean, sure, we actually had that thing known as "alone time". We'd go out to eat just about every weekend, and we often went out with college friends.
Sometimes I look at our life now and it seems like an entirely different world. But I wouldn't change a thing. We are so blessed to have these two amazing little people, and I can't image life without them. They make us happier than we've ever been.
She also stayed dry all night last night, and went to the potty as soon as she woke up. As she sat there she said, "That's a loooootta pee pee, Mommy!"I was feeling bad for Em last night because she was just devastated that she had to put a diaper on before bed. She kept saying, "But I wanna wear my big girl panties!" I tried to explain to her that she only has to wear them when she sleeps in case she has an accident in bed, and that we don't want her new pretty sheets to get wet. I put her underwear on over her diaper, and she seemed content with that.
I ended up taking her out this morning to get some Pull-ups for bedtimes. I personally don't care for Pull-ups for pottytraining, but I figured they'd feel a bit more like underwear to her since she can pull them up. I called them her "bedtime panties" and told her they were her special underwear for when she sleeps.
It's so nice to think that I don't have to buy diapers for 2 anymore.
He's such a happy boy. I forgot how fun this stage was. Everything makes him laugh, and he's just so darn easy to please. He loves rolling around on the floor. He made it into the kitchen the other day, but I quickly turned him right back around. That floor is really hard. Then this morning he rolled right into our entertainment center and conked his head on the edge. He cried and cried, and the tears rolled down his face. Broke my heart.
I made Alex some sweet potatoes today. One sweet potato made what would be equal to 6 jars of stage 2 baby food. Not too shabby.
Unfortunately he didn't like it as much as the jarred, but he gobbled it down once I mixed it with some applesauce. Hey, whatever works, right?
Oh, I gave him peas for the first time yesterday and man, did he hate them! The faces he was making were priceless. I wish I would have grabbed the video camera. He even gagged on them.

Jim often says that he thinks this is the best time of our lives, and I have to agree. It's so difficult to look back 3 or 4 years ago and think of what we'd do with ourselves. I mean, sure, we actually had that thing known as "alone time". We'd go out to eat just about every weekend, and we often went out with college friends.
Sometimes I look at our life now and it seems like an entirely different world. But I wouldn't change a thing. We are so blessed to have these two amazing little people, and I can't image life without them. They make us happier than we've ever been.

3 Comments:
YAY for Em - I cannot believe it was that easy....
Cute cute pics... love the two of them together...
and I agree... this is the best time of our lives for sure.
awwww so sweet. I love all the pics. WTG Emily - sounds like she's doing great, and I'm glad Alex's tooth came through.
That is great emily is going potty on her own now. I remember you were having some issues with it not too long ago. That's so cute Alex rolls everywhere. I think boys get into more things than girls so be prepared. you hvae beautiful children. And like you, these are the best times!
Post a Comment
<< Home